Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The problem I am really trying to solve here is I dont want to invest in Logitech Group devices in order support a dedicated huddle/conference room with a dedicated computer connected to a touch enabled lcd panel.  The goal is to have the VVX/Trio be an audio (and video) extension of a dedicated conference room computer.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_a5aRY3SPA

There are two feature enhancments I would like to see with BTOE that I think would solve this problem.  If these features are in fact avaialble, or if there is a work around, I would love to know about them.

1. Untethered BTOE connectivty.  I would really like to have a BTOE connection to a phone that is not directly tehtered to a computer.  At first when I saw 3.4.0 supported manual paring I was very excited thinking this would work.  However the best I can tell, using manual or automatic pairing, the VVX/Trio device must be directed connected to the computer.  The use case here is a conference or huddle room situation where there is a dedicated computer connected to touch enabled screen.  In order to use a VVX/Trio device in conjunction with the dedicated conference room computer, I now have to run two ethernet cables, one from the jack to the VVX/Trio, and another from the VVX/Trio back to the dedicated computer which is ugly and inconvienent.

2. Automatic Skype Sign Out upon BTOE disconnect.  Currently the VVX will automaticlly lock when you Sign Out of Skype or shut down your connected computer via BTOE.  The Trio currently does not lock upon sign out/disconnect/shutdown.  Both the VVX and Trio will remain signed into Skype regardless of the phone auto locks, or of BTOE is disconnected.  This is optimal for normal use.  However the use case for auto sign out is again the small huddle or conference room with a dedicated computer connected to a touch enabled screen.  I would like my users to go into a huddle/conference room, log into the dedicated computer to take advantage of the large touch display, and be automatically logged into the VVX/Trio as soon as they sign in to Skype via BTOE.  And this actually works.  However as soon as they log out, or they shut the computer down, the phone remains signed in under thier credentials creating confusion and frustration for the next group of people using the room.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello STRiCT,

a couple of things to clarify:

• Feature Requests need to come in via this procedure:

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

• The RealPresence Trio does not officially support BToE so we would need a feature request with a relevant business case

• You can utilize the feature.lyncbtoe.autosignin.signoff.enabled parameter that should resolve your signing in and out issue.
    Also as a standard using UC 5.5.1 BToE should lock the Phone if the PC is locked after 10 seconds using the up.btoeDeviceLock.timeOut parameter. The value can be changed from 0 to 40 seconds.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Has Polycom had a change of heart about adding the BToE feature to the Trio 8500 & 8800 devices yet?

HP Recommended

Hello @Gasmanz,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Polycom usually documents new features within the release notes.

To my knowledge either nobody has requested this via the official channels or if someone has the business case was not big enough to justify the additional development.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks. I will take this inquiry to the Polycom country manager for New Zealand as he is a personal friend. I'm pretty sure the same business case that was used for the VVX phones to get BToE would apply to the Trio endpoints too.

HP Recommended

So it turns out it has to be a significant deal that requires this feature before Poly will even entertain the idea. Unfortunately New Zealand is a small market that will never meet the significant deal threshold required. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.