Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

BTOE : windows password expiration - strange popup

Frequent Advisor

BTOE : windows password expiration - strange popup

Hi,

on our VVX (5.4.3, not sure in 5.4.4 for the moment), all our users are logged in using BTOE.

Our passowrd policy is to change password each 3 months. When the Windows password is changed by the user, the VVX show a popup saying "ïles Marshall Echec de l'authentification" (in french, Authentication failure).

But what is this Iles Marshall ? A bad automatic translation ? In english it's "marshall islands"

Our users don't understand this message and I understand they aren't.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: BTOE : windows password expiration - strange popup

Hello Doum,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 26, 2015 Question:How can I change the Polycom pre-translated Language on Polycom Phones?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

The above explains how you can change this in your currently used software.

The string in question is:

<phrase i="2967" t="Îles Marshall Échec de l'authentification."/>

I will raise this internally so we get it addressed in newer releases.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Advisor

Hello Steffen,

We upgraded recently in 5.4.4 rev. P and noticed that this issue was not corrected.

Uppon further investigations, it seems that the phrase ID 2954 ("Singapour") appeared two times (2954 and 2955) and shifted all the phrases below by +1 until ID 2965 (which should be the infamous "Îles Marshall" but is set to "Wellington").

Here is the current content:

<phrase i="2954" t="Singapour"/>
		<phrase i="2955" t="Singapour"/>
		<phrase i="2956" t="Taipei, Perth"/>
		<phrase i="2957" t="Irkoutsk (RTZ 7)"/>
		<phrase i="2958" t="Oulan-Bator"/>
		<phrase i="2959" t="Sapporo, Iakoutsk (RTZ 8)"/>
		<phrase i="2960" t="Melbourne"/>
		<phrase i="2961" t="Sydney, Brisbane"/>
		<phrase i="2962" t="Îles Salomon"/>
		<phrase i="2963" t="Nouvelle-Calédonie"/>
		<phrase i="2964" t="Petropavlovsk-Kamchatski (RTZ 11)"/>
		<phrase i="2965" t="Wellington"/>
		<phrase i="2966" t="Appuyez sur \« %s\ » pour commencer à utiliser le téléphone"/>
		<phrase i="2967" t="Îles Marshall Échec de l'authentification."/>

And here is the correct one (without the duplicate nor the ID shifting):

<phrase i="2954" t="Singapour"/>
		<phrase i="2955" t="Taipei, Perth"/>
		<phrase i="2956" t="Irkoutsk (RTZ 7)"/>
		<phrase i="2957" t="Oulan-Bator"/>
		<phrase i="2958" t="Sapporo, Iakoutsk (RTZ 8)"/>
		<phrase i="2959" t="Melbourne"/>
		<phrase i="2960" t="Sydney, Brisbane"/>
		<phrase i="2961" t="Îles Salomon"/>
		<phrase i="2962" t="Nouvelle-Calédonie"/>
		<phrase i="2963" t="Petropavlovsk-Kamchatski (RTZ 11)"/>
		<phrase i="2964" t="Wellington"/>
		<phrase i="2965" t="Îles Marshall"/>
		<phrase i="2966" t="Appuyez sur \« %s\ » pour commencer à utiliser le téléphone"/>
		<phrase i="2967" t="Échec de l'authentification."/>

It seems like the issue has been resolved in the file provided with the release 5.5.0 (and for the upcoming 5.5.1 I hope). Will the 5.4.4 release be updated to a new revision including the corrected dictionary file or must we correct the dictionary file ourselves for now ?

Best regards,

Mickael BREST
Orange Business Services
Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Mickael,

welcome back.

This issue was only reported in 5.4.x and I replicated with 5.4.4 via VOIP-120525

The Fix is planned for 5.4.6 and this being not broken in 5.5.0 can only mean it was not broken when the software branch was cloned.

You can at present manually change this until this is "officially" fixed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4