Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

on our VVX (5.4.3, not sure in 5.4.4 for the moment), all our users are logged in using BTOE.

Our passowrd policy is to change password each 3 months. When the Windows password is changed by the user, the VVX show a popup saying "ïles Marshall Echec de l'authentification" (in french, Authentication failure).

But what is this Iles Marshall ? A bad automatic translation ? In english it's "marshall islands"

Our users don't understand this message and I understand they aren't.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Doum,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 26, 2015 Question:How can I change the Polycom pre-translated Language on Polycom Phones?

Resolution: Please check this post => here <=

The above explains how you can change this in your currently used software.

The string in question is:

<phrase i="2967" t="Îles Marshall Échec de l'authentification."/>

I will raise this internally so we get it addressed in newer releases.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

We upgraded recently in 5.4.4 rev. P and noticed that this issue was not corrected.

Uppon further investigations, it seems that the phrase ID 2954 ("Singapour") appeared two times (2954 and 2955) and shifted all the phrases below by +1 until ID 2965 (which should be the infamous "Îles Marshall" but is set to "Wellington").

Here is the current content:

<phrase i="2954" t="Singapour"/>
		<phrase i="2955" t="Singapour"/>
		<phrase i="2956" t="Taipei, Perth"/>
		<phrase i="2957" t="Irkoutsk (RTZ 7)"/>
		<phrase i="2958" t="Oulan-Bator"/>
		<phrase i="2959" t="Sapporo, Iakoutsk (RTZ 8)"/>
		<phrase i="2960" t="Melbourne"/>
		<phrase i="2961" t="Sydney, Brisbane"/>
		<phrase i="2962" t="Îles Salomon"/>
		<phrase i="2963" t="Nouvelle-Calédonie"/>
		<phrase i="2964" t="Petropavlovsk-Kamchatski (RTZ 11)"/>
		<phrase i="2965" t="Wellington"/>
		<phrase i="2966" t="Appuyez sur \« %s\ » pour commencer à utiliser le téléphone"/>
		<phrase i="2967" t="Îles Marshall Échec de l'authentification."/>

And here is the correct one (without the duplicate nor the ID shifting):

<phrase i="2954" t="Singapour"/>
		<phrase i="2955" t="Taipei, Perth"/>
		<phrase i="2956" t="Irkoutsk (RTZ 7)"/>
		<phrase i="2957" t="Oulan-Bator"/>
		<phrase i="2958" t="Sapporo, Iakoutsk (RTZ 8)"/>
		<phrase i="2959" t="Melbourne"/>
		<phrase i="2960" t="Sydney, Brisbane"/>
		<phrase i="2961" t="Îles Salomon"/>
		<phrase i="2962" t="Nouvelle-Calédonie"/>
		<phrase i="2963" t="Petropavlovsk-Kamchatski (RTZ 11)"/>
		<phrase i="2964" t="Wellington"/>
		<phrase i="2965" t="Îles Marshall"/>
		<phrase i="2966" t="Appuyez sur \« %s\ » pour commencer à utiliser le téléphone"/>
		<phrase i="2967" t="Échec de l'authentification."/>

It seems like the issue has been resolved in the file provided with the release 5.5.0 (and for the upcoming 5.5.1 I hope). Will the 5.4.4 release be updated to a new revision including the corrected dictionary file or must we correct the dictionary file ourselves for now ?

Best regards,

HP Recommended

Hello Mickael,

welcome back.

This issue was only reported in 5.4.x and I replicated with 5.4.4 via VOIP-120525

The Fix is planned for 5.4.6 and this being not broken in 5.5.0 can only mean it was not broken when the software branch was cloned.

You can at present manually change this until this is "officially" fixed.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.