Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello schuert,

Please follow the outlined guidelines or we are unable to help. The original poster confirmed this to be an issue on Windows 10 or was stating they used it on Windows 10.

I am only aware of a Windows 10 issue. If all of our customers would have an issue since 3.4.0 I would know about this.

If you are unwilling to follow this up the official way I am sorry but we will be unable to assist you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any update on this with Windows 10 1607 with a workaround or new update?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello MCISD,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no update yet and if this is urgent for yourself please open a ticket via your Polycom reseller and quote VOIP-123647 indicating the severity and the priority for yourself or your organisation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The reason the cert does not show up in the certificate store after the install, regardless of checking the "Always Trust..." box is because the MSI for 3.4.1 contains a custom action named DelPlcmCert that runs After DriverUpgrade32 and executes the viewer.exe with command line /RunAsAdmin /HideWindow /dir "[SystemFolder]" certutil.exe -delstore "TrustedPublisher" "Polycom Inc.". I created a transform file that changed the install exec sequence for this DelPlcmCert custom action to "Absent from sequence" and the cert was left in the certificate store after installation completed. However, I still can't get the silent install to work after manually installing the cert. I am installing using PSEXEC to execute the "msiexec.exe /I "Polycom BToE Connector_3.4.1.0.msi" TRANSFORMS=PBTOE341.mst /qb! REBOOT=R ALLUSERS=1 /lv+* C:\WINDOWS\Applogs\NG_PBTOE341.log and I still get prompted with the Windows Security dialog. I suspect that there is some othe custom action in the MSI that is causing the cert to be removed before being reinstalled so the prompt is not going away and there is no such thing as a silent install.

HP Recommended

Hello sdelance,

I can only repeat myself.

There is no update yet and if this is urgent for yourself please open a ticket via your Polycom reseller and quote VOIP-123647 indicating the severity and the priority for yourself or your organisation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Anyone gain more traction on this issue?

I created a silent install through SCCM for this package and it installed fine on Windows 7. Minus the fact that now no matter how many reboots a user does they still greeted with the "Please Restart your PC to complete the installation." message. I am not running into this issue on Windows 10 Enterprise 1607, as far as I am aware.

HP Recommended

Hello mrmister,

My response to the previous poster was only 1 day ago. In addition, to my knowledge, we have only had this or a similar issue reported against Windows 10.

I believe 1 other user mentioned this against Windows 7 but has so far, to my knowledge, not reported this via the official and only channel.

Please go ahead and raise a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

The above is the only way that allows us to fix the issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry if I'm a bit slow or missing something in the previous posts, but I'm still not getting the silent install process to work.

I run certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" Polycom_Inc.cer and I can see the certificate in the store, but then when I try to install the "Polycom BToE Connector_3.4.1.0.msi" under the SYSTEM account using PSEXEC (or a local admin for that mater) with a /qb! I still get the Windows Security prompt which does not make for an unattended installation. BTW, if I click the "Don't Install" button on this dialog I get the repeating "..reboot to complete the install.." message in Windows 7 regardless of how many times I reboot.

Are any of you that are getting this silent install to work in SCCM using the MSI natively or are you using a setup.exe type installer?

BTW, I thought this was supposed to be a community forum where customers could discuss/share their experiences with the issues in the forum. The moderator seems to want to shutdown any discussion outside of contacting the reseller. Please allow us to discuss and if there are no updates you don't need to post anything.

HP Recommended

Hello sdelance,

The previous poster responded to a 1 day old post with the query for an update so I responded to this.

In your case I simply outlined the official escalation route. I do work in Tier 3 technical support so I can easily judge when a problem needs the attention of support or not.

Often in my volunteering role as a moderator I therefore replicate cases and escalate these myself.

In addition to this also allows us to check your entitlement using Polycom phones with Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business.

You can of course write and discuss what you want within the community but as this needs the attention of our developers the quickest way is to escalate as outlined.

Again as a reminder I am only aware of this happening on Windows 10 and we are looking at this already. 

For anything else on Windows 7, which you finally confirmed to be using, it seems to have started with BToE 3.4.0 and 3.4.1

Please try and downgrade the BToE version if if it still fails escalate to Polycom.

You can of course decide not to do so and continue to discuss this further but should not expect a fix from Polycom..

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Any update on when a patch will be released that fixes the constant reboot message in Windows 10 1607. I have tried version 3.4.0 and 3.4.1 with the same results. Also after installing version 3.4.X and uninstalling it and installing 3.3.0 the issues does not go away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.