Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a few VVX 400 phones on Skype for Business Online with the phones runing Polycom UC Software 5.7.0.11768 and my desktops running BToE Client 3.7.0. I am taking advantage of the new BToE 3.7.0 feature that allows the pairing to occur without the computer being connected to the phones PC port. The pairing occurs succesfully but after a day or two most of the phones unpair and require a manual pairing to be performed again.

The desktops and phones are on different VLANs but they have routing enabled between then so any client on one VLAN can talk to any client on the other. Additionally, the network uses DHCP. 

To fix this, I am considering disabling DHCP for a few devices and manually assigning IPs. I can also try to place the phones on the same VLAN. I should also note that some of the phones that have unpaired appear to unpair after not being used for a while (24 hours+) but that may be anecdotal evidence.

I know this is a new feature, but has anybody seen this behavior before? Are the any workarounds (like specifying the IP address for the pairing device in the BToE client)? Unfortunately, since these phones are only 100mpbs, PC port passthrough is not an option.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.