Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

Since a long time, we use Skype Business with BToE for integration with VVX600. It's work as expected and we can dial directly from S4B easily.

Ok, but now with microsoft roadmap, we are moving to Teams and integrating voice winthin too. But, when calling from teams, BToE doesn't get it to Polycom device.

Does BToE is planning to wotrk with Teams ? or we need to use a different sofware ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Alexandre

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended
Hello Alexandre

As none of our products support Teams the answer is no. We cannot talk about future Software or Hardware within the community either.

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

With regards to your reply I quite confused/surprised with Polycom's response. MSFT recently sent messages to all of their userbase telling them that they should stop using S4B in the near future and switch to Teams. 

Are you indicating that Polycom will not committing to allowing BTOE to work with Teams? In other words, you are sharing that Polycom is deprecating BTOE since there wont be a compatible program to use with it? Knowing this, we will stop using BTOE with all of our computers to avoid user confusion.

Thanks for the clarification.

HP Recommended

Hello @ELieb,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I already explained that no currently available product runs Microsoft Teams natively. 

I cannot talk about future software or hardware. If you are interested in this please work with a Polycom reseller and/or a Polycom sales engineer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi SteffenBaierUK,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say "none of our products support Teams"? Allow me to quote from the Polycom Phones and Microsoft Teams FAQ:

Q: How will phones that work with Skype for Business today work with Microsoft Teams?

A: All 3PIP phones certified for Skype for Business Online will be supported by Microsoft Teams. 

HP Recommended

Hello @rgsteele1,

None of our currently publicly sold products run's Microsoft Teams natively i.e. registers directly to Teams.

Microsoft introduced a gateway from Skype for Business into Teams which will bridge these existing installations.

As outlined in the quoted FAQ the Polycom Trio will be the first product which will run Microsoft Teams and can register directly to Teams. This is not yet available and requires a NDA via a Polycom Sales engineer.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Polycom,

I am also confused by your answer. There is official documentation from Polycom detailing the compatibility between some of the VVX phones (in particular 411/601 that we use) and MS Teams. As one of many Polycom and Microsoft customers I am trying this compatibility and it is a fair question from us - do you have any plans to make BToE compatible when using VVX 411/601 and MS Teams? 

Thank you,

Catalin ROMAN

HP Recommended

Hello @NCR ,

It is very clear:

• the legacy VVX range and the Trio are compatible with Skype for Business on Premise.
  • the VVX 250, 350 and 450 are only compatible with Skype for Business on Premise.
  • All other VVX's and the Poly Trio are compatible with Skype for Business online

Any connectivity between Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams need to be inquired from our partner Microsoft.

As already outlined we cannot make any statement regarding future software or hardware development as we are a US Based company.

Aug 09, 2016 Question:Why can Polycom not discuss future software Versions within the Community?

Explanation:Polycom, as a US based company, cannot share any future release dates or new features due the requirement of a non disclosure agreement / NDA prior to this.Via the medium of a community forum we are unable to do this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen, I realize what you may be prevented from talking about, but this is becoming a very hot issue...We know that:

1.) Existing VVX phones will largely continue to be supported for use with Skype for Business Online and Teams via 3PIP.

2.) Future Teams-native phones from Poly are in development and have not yet been announced.

3.) Polycom has not stated when/if BToE will be updated to function with Microsoft Teams to do the following, which it does today through Skype for Business: Sign in to an existing VVX phone using the Teams desktop PC app, synchronize phone-lock with PC lock, or click to call.

If you don't want to talk about #2, that's fine.  However, Polycom VVX owners need you guys to talk about #3.  Do you require Microsoft to update Teams before you can update BToE to support it? What is the expected timeframe for adding support?  Quarterly estimates are fine, but we need to plan our migration to Teams, and this is the only thing preventing us from doing it today. Please get a current update from your BToE dev team and let us know here what we can expect.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello @cseaman ,

As already explained we cannot discuss future software Versions within the Community.

Poly, as a US-based company, cannot share any future release dates or new features due to the requirement of non-disclosure agreement / NDA prior to this.

Via the medium of a community forum, we are unable to do this.

For 2. we already announced the new CCX500 and CCX700 => here <=

I suggest you work with a Poly Reseller or Poly sales contact to work out an NDA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.