Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a CCX 400 that I want to upgrade to 6.2.11 in order to use the phone for Skype For Business on prem. I'm using the USB method (no TFTP infrastructure atm) but the upgrade just won't start (no popup on screen or anything). Any recommendations?

Karel

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hello @KU Leuven COMSAM ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

6.2.11 is an openSIP release only which also includes Skype for Business.

The only way to upgrade this at present is to be a member of the Microsoft TAP program as this can then be done via the Teams Admin portal.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi @KU Leuven COMSAM,

try to access the Web UI (if enabled) as admin and initiate the firmware upgrade directly from Poly there. Please keep in mind, that this version hasn't been certified by Microsoft yet.

-> https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/latest-poly-ccx-softw...

If your phone is for use in production, please consider to wait a couple of days for the next Teams' firmware offering a S4B profile too. Microsoft has released update #4 for certified Teams phones on June 30. So I'd expect a new firmware for CCX400/500/600 to become released within next couple of days. Back in May, it took 7 days after availability of update #3 for Poly to provide firmware version 5.9.13 for CCX500/600.

Abel

HP Recommended

Hello @Abel ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

The initial release for the CCX400 does not have a web interface and/or the same features as the CCX500 and CCX600 so there is no option to check for firmware upgrades via the Web UI.

The 6.2.11.1323, to my own personal knowledge, will never be Microsoft Teams certified and only the next 6.2.21 built will be up for Microsoft certification.

Stating this I am aware that some customers get 6.2.11 via the Microsoft Tap but this is out of our hands.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Just to confirm, there is no way to upgrade CCX400 to 6.2.11 with USB stick ?

We have to do it though Teams admin portal ?

So, why on CCX400 admin guide there is a procedure to do the upgrade with USB stick and provide the release 6.2.11 in the download center, if we cannot do anything with it ? 

Thank you in advance

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello @Gfa ,

The functionality described in the referenced guide describes the overall capabilities of the device itself.

UC Software 6.2.11 is not a Skype for Busines and/or Teams release and therefore you cannot upgrade existing 019 SKU devices.

UC Software 6.2.11 is an openSIP release and any released software will be hosted on our support page as on a later stage a user may want to downgrade to this release.

The release is a factory release and will be running on CCX 400 in the openSIP -025 SKU.

Microsoft will shortly start the TAP with customers signed up for this and then the new 6.2.21 release will appear in the Teams Admin Center and users can upgrade to this release.

We aim for an end of August for this but as usual, this is subject to change.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thank you is more clear now 😉 

Have a nice day 

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Our Partner Microsoft also should now have added the latest 6.2.21 release to all customers being part of their TAP and you should be able to upgrade this via the Teams Admin Center/TAC.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I still cannot get the update, and I have contacted Polycom who said that 6.2.11 should work with Skype

but the usb stick is not being recognized by the phone as our colleague mentioned in the first post.

How I can get Skype for business working in the CCX400 how I can update the firmware, because the website with the tutorials you have, are not enough

HP Recommended

Hello @rodrigo.squilaro ,

The CCX 400, unlike the other CCX phones was developed by a different Team and can only be upgraded via:

• The Teams Admin Center TAC (once we share a compatible software with Microsoft)
  • A USB stick (but not the "known" method that works with a Trio as an example

I do not believe we host the USB method as of yet as an upgrade from 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 and can only ask you for your patience.

If the phone is already running 6.2.11 then "normal" known provisioning methods either via a local provisioning server or via USB to 6.2.21.1198 will work once we release 6.2.21.1198 for CCX 400.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.