Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have 8 new CCX 400 Teams phones which have been setup in the Teams Admin center and set to EST but the phones are still one hour behind.  I opened a Microsoft ticket and they are telling me this is a Poly issue.  It is showing EST on the phone but still wrong time.  How can this be fixed?

Also, since the web interface is not on this phone how can i set other options such as SMTP server, Screen saver backgroud, etc?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello @sbruno ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

There was a similar sounding issue reported >here<

For your other questions, the CCX400 will have a Web Interface just like the CCX500 and 600 once we release software 6.2.21 in late August.

If you require further assistance please work with your reseller to open a ticket for you with Poly.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have reached out to my reseller which is SHI.  I don't understand the support model with Poly on why i need to go through our reseller vs. opening up a ticket with the vendor as this makes no sense.

Anyways the post you reference was no help as i have the latest firmware but don't understand why Poly would release a product that is unfinished and we have to wait until sometime in August to get a firmware. 

HP Recommended

Hello @sbruno ,

The CCX400 was developed by a different team to archive the availability of an entry-level phone.

The feature parity will only come in the next release as this was not a requirement from our partner Microsoft to receive Teams qualification.

The support model via a reseller has always been in place since I started with Polycom around 12 years ago.

There are purchasable options available for un-trained end customer => here <= and anything else is via the reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I will see what the reseller says about this.  Is there a specific date of when the firmware will be released.  Just because MS did not need it to get it certified doesn't mean it should not have been done by Poly.  What you guys did was throw phones on the market just to have your name out there instead of putting a product on the market that has features other vendors such as Yealink have.

Just because your support model has been like this for 12 years doesn't mean its correct it just means you guys need to change this model.  If I pay for a product I would expect the vendor to support it and not pay extra to get support. 

HP Recommended

Hello @sbruno ,

Let me ensure you that the lack of a web interface should not affect the devices ability to display the time correctly. So far we do not yet know the root cause for this and the community would be full of similar posts if this would be a bug on our end.

Our partner Microsoft controls the release of firmware and we, therefore, need to submit this to their approval. I believe if a customer is part of Microsoft TAP the software should appear in the Teams Admin Centre around August 10.

If not you will need to wait until the end of August as already outlined. All of this is my own personal knowledge and subject to change.

I am unable to comment on competitors support model and as already stated:

• If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Sharing the serial will enable me to look up who is your Tier 1 support and they can escalate into us and work with us.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

So how do i support this?

Also, since the web interface is not on this phone how can i set other options such as SMTP server, Screen saver backgroud, etc?

HP Recommended

Hello @sbruno ,

As already explained in detail there is at present no Web Interface on the CCX 400. The CCX 400 is the entry-level phone and will only receive a Web Interface as explained in detail in the next 6.2.21 release.

I am not aware of any complaints about the time on a CCX 400 either within this worldwide community or the EMEA support region which I look after in my day job.

This should work and I already explained that you can work with the reseller at no cost that sold the unit to get a support case raised with us.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello sbruno, I can assure you that the CCX400 with its current firmware is capable for displaying the "right" time. Because my phones are giving the rights time at this moment. The only issue I see is that in the Teams admin app -> Devices -> Phones _> Configuration profiles under General, that there is no option for daylight saving. So I add +2 which should normally +1 and daylight saving on. The provisioning part comes from Microsoft just as the Teams app on this phone. The screensaver can also be configured and the end-user is capable to select one of the two screensaver option which are on the phone. Also here is the option not present on the provisioning part of Microsoft. 
And if your are not happy with the support you are receiving from your reseller. You should direct your complains over there.  This community is in my opinion for sharing information, constructive criticism and not a wailing wall. 

HP Recommended

Hello @sbruno ,

Just as an FYI, once the CCX 400 receives a Web Interface with the next software 6.2.21.xxxx only basic settings will be available. This is the same on the CCX 500 and CCX 600 which already have the Web Interface.

Our partner Microsoft controls the Microsoft IP Phone Teams app and therefore exposes only settings they want to the underlying Android OS and.or the partner's software.

Therefore settings like the Screen Saver as an example are not exposed to our UC Software and can only be changed if Microsoft has this implemented on the Teams Admin Center.

For questions around this please work with our Partner Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.