Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CCX 500 Teams App keeps restarting

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

CCX 500 Teams App keeps restarting

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a Microsoft problem or an issue with the phone but I figured I would post and see if someone can guide me to my next steps

We have 3 CCX 500's purchased through a VAR less than 3 Months ago. About a week ago we are finding that the teams app running on the phone will restart about once an hour. Eventually the android interface will show a pop-up with "The Teams app keeps closing unexpectedly" with options to Restart or Close. My searching so far has come up with troubleshooting for teams desktop client and I haven't found much for native phones.

• The phone shows Version 1449/1.0.94.2019110802 Calling version 2019.41.01.2
  • CCX 500
  • MS Teams
  • I'm not sure how to run a backup on these new phones when in teams mode.
  • Same thing with the Log - I don't think I can get into the GUI when in teams mode.
  • 64167FDEA462
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CCX 500 Teams App keeps restarting

Hello @AMHIT ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

I just created these:

Apr 1, 2020 Question: How can I check the software version of a Poly phone running in Teams mode?

Resolution: Please check >here<

and

Apr 1, 2020 Question: How can I enable the Web Interface on a Poly phone running in Teams mode?

Resolution: Please check >here<

Our records show the phone was sold by SCANSOURCE INC back in 27/12/2019 so they are your Tier 1 support contact and they can open a ticket for you with Poly support.

Logs we would need via the Web Interface:

- Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > UCS Application > Export
- Diagnostics > View & Download Logs > System Log > Export

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thank you Steffen!

I will gather the information per your instructions and forward to our VAR for a ticket.

Do you think it would be prudent to also open a ticket with Microsoft, as it's their app that's crashing? We have a support agreement with them for Phone system/Skype Cloud PBX. Or would it be better to work with Poly first via the VAR to rule out any Hardware/OS issues first?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @AMHIT 

the Teams IP Phone client on the phone has the ability to forward all data to Microsoft. Its their code running on our Phone.

July 31. 2019 Question: How can I report Issues with Teams running on a Poly phone in Native Teams mode?

Resolution: Please collect the Logs as shown => here <=  and submit them to our Partner Microsoft. You will need to work with Microsoft for this via the explained method >here<.

I possibly try both aka ScanSource and Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4