Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CCX 500 Wont signin

Advisor

CCX 500 Wont signin

Right out the box, the CCX 500 grabs an IP from DHCP, (should have internet access).  I click the signin option and WITHOUT prompting for the userID & password, it says "Could not sign in. YOu will need to sign in again..."

What gives?

CCX500

POE

DHCP with VLAN options for the working VVXs, etc

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CCX 500 Wont signin

Hello @KeithT ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

• Teams or Skype?
  • If Skype, Skype for Business Online or On-Premise?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 7
Advisor

Trying to sign in under Teams.
During the power on wizard, the Teams option was selected.

Message 3 of 7

Hello @KeithT 

Ideally, you should take this up with our partner Microsoft as they supply the Android teams client running on the CCX.

If that is not suitable open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 7
Advisor

Wow.

What's interesting is that when I place it in Skype mode, I can enabme the web login to see the following:

Phone Information:

Phone Model: CCX 500

Part Number: 3111-49710-001 Rev:A

UC Software Version1.0.0.2535 (Beta software)

And

Utilities >> Software Upgrade >> Check for Updates
does not find any updates from "Poly Hosted Server"

What's going on at Poly???

Message 5 of 7

Hello @KeithT ,

We found this as well and are in the process of fixing this. The load on the phone is the GA version but for whatever reason, it has the Beta flag.

As stated, open this with support and we can look at the Teams issue. We are all human after all.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Hi Keith T,

When your phone connects, does it get assigned to the correct VLAN? Mine didn't. I think the DHCP mechanism that shunts phones to the correct VLAN doesn't recognize the CCX. 

Once I manually set the VLAN on my CCX, it was able to sign into Teams.

- J

Message 7 of 7