Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CCX400/500 Teams Device Lock

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

CCX400/500 Teams Device Lock

We just bought a handful of CCX 400 and CCX 500 phones to test. We have them in Teams base profile, running software version 10.0.02535.

I created a configuration profile in the Teams Admin Center that changes the admin password and also enables Device Lock, with a 30-second timeout. I deployed the config to the phone, and confirmed that it received the new config by testing the new admin password. However, the phone never locks. 

I downloaded the device logs from the Teams Admin Center and found the following lines that looks relevant:

0211133558|apps |5|00|cfgParamAndroidSetPartnerConfig: Unknown parameter "Settings.System.SCREEN_OFF_TIMEOUT" val "900000"
0211133820|apps |5|00|cfgParamAndroidCommTask: Unknown parameter "Settings.System.SCREEN_OFF_TIMEOUT" val "30000"

I know that the Teams app on the phone is provided/supported by Microsoft so I'll open a ticket with them too, just thought I'd ask here if anyone else is using the device lock feature successfully?

I can post the full log if required, I just wasn't sure if I need to remove any identifiable information from it.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Polycom Employee

Re: CCX400/500 Teams Device Lock

Device Lock is not currently supported on the Teams IP Phones and has been disabled in recent builds.  Some additional fixes are required in the Android client before this feature can be supported.

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee

Device Lock is not currently supported on the Teams IP Phones and has been disabled in recent builds.  Some additional fixes are required in the Android client before this feature can be supported.

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Jeff, not what I was hoping but kind of expected.

By the way, I love your blog! We've been very slowly rolling out S4B and now Teams over the last year, and just about every time we've had a problem I've ended up finding the solution there.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Is there a timeline on when this feature will be supported on the CCX 400/500 Teams profile?

Message 4 of 4