Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

On our CCX500 phones (on latest firmware) running via Teams, when the user gets a direct call the phone rings OK but does not answer when the handset is lifted. The user needs to touch the answer button on the phone instead.

Is this a known bug? Is it being worked on, and is will it be fixed in the Mid-August firmware update? 

Seems like others are having similar issues, dating back to a couple months ago;

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftTeams/comments/grslca/poly_ccx_500_ringing_pickup_issue/

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @HuntHunt ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Our Partner Microsoft supplies the Teams IP Phone app for our CCX Phones so many features depend on the Teams Phone app version running on the phone.

In addition, stating the latest software does not indicate to anyone reading this in the future what version was used at the time of posting.

Most likely this is an issue with the Teams IP Phone app and our partner Microsoft would need to be consulted if and when they will address this.

We plan to release 6.2.21 in late August with to my personal knowledge Microsoft TAP customers receiving this as early as 10.08.2020

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Again here a product released too early and an excuse pointing back at Microsoft. 

HP Recommended

Hello @sbruno ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I am unsure if you understand the way Teams IP Phones work.

A Vendor creates the underlying platform aka the Hardware capable running the Software. In this case, it is Microsoft IP Team Application.

The Hardware vendor needs to have certain interfaces within their own software to be able to accommodate the running application. The partner, in this case, Microsoft can push certain software fixes via their Platform. In the case of the Teams IP Phone app, there are actually 3 different files running.

If the Partner, in this case, Microsoft introduces new features which the underlying hardware vendor does not support a fix needs to be released by the manufacturer.

Simply see the Teams IP Phone app running on our CCX devices as the same as running on your Android or iPhone handset. Will you blame Android/Google/Samsung/Apple if a feature does not work as expected in the individual app?

Our partner Microsoft can push updates from their end but some may require a new underlying update from our end which again needs to be tested and certified prior to public release.

I have no information on this very specific case and the linked post also talks about another vendor seeing the same issue so please take this up with our partner Microsoft either directly on in their forums.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I don't need to understand how the Teams phones work.  What we as the customer needs to understand is a phone has features that we buy and if they don't work we go back tot he manufacture which is you.  It's up to you to talk to MS and get things fixed right?

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello @sbruno ,

Simply see the Teams IP Phone app running on our CCX devices as the same as running on your Android or iPhone handset. Will you blame Android/Google/Samsung/Apple if a feature does not work as expected in the individual app?

I replied with what I understand the solution is already and had the same discussion with another user >here<.

I can only assume you are miss understanding the concept of the Teams IP phone and/or the restrictions this brings.

Please work with your reseller for the rest.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Our Partner Microsoft also should now have added the latest 6.2.21 release to all customers being part of their TAP and you should be able to upgrade this via the Teams Admin Center/TAC.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.