Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Wondered if anyone could help or shed light on a new issue we are seeing across our organisation.

Since Friday (17th Jan), we have had numberous reports that the graphics display screen on the CX300 R2 have gone blank.  They momentarily come back after unplugging and plugging back in.  I have confirmed that no MS updates have been deployed to clients affected.

We use SfB 2015 and i have users spread across multiple servers who are affected.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks,

Kat

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello @KRoscoe ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The CX300 R2 is controlled by the client being used. Are you sure no change to the Skype for Business client was done?

Support for the device from a hardware perspective comes via Poly so if you believe this is a hardware defect then open a ticket with Poly.

Software support comes via our partner Microsoft as the functionality is provided by Microsoft via the compatible client being used.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support. Available End User Poly services offerings are detailed here

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I can confirm nothing has changed with the SfB client and no updates have deployed.

I am currently testing whether it could be our antivirus solution.

Poly have said i can raise a ticket directly with them when i have a valid serial number with warranty and i do have some newer devices so will proceed to log the issue if i'm still struggling.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Kat

HP Recommended

Hi, we are seeing this as well, it appears to be related to Teams, if we exit teams and then pick up the handset the disaply will stay on correctly. I have contacted Microsoft about it but I havnt had much help from them.

Mat

HP Recommended

Hello @NTU 

thanks for providing the additional detail that in your case you also have Teams installed as we already have a discussion >here<

@KRoscoe  are you using Teams as well?

If yes this is a known Microsoft issue that our partner Microsoft planned to address last year and seems to have yet failed to do so.

Please work with your Microsoft account managers to get this addressed as this is not a Poly issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, do you have a record anywhere of the issue that Microsoft is aware of so I can contact them with that?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @NTU ,

A quick google search reveals >here< and known limitations and issues >here<

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks I have seen the Microsoft article, the problem we have is Micrsoft is recommending that people install teams and try it out which is great and we rolled it out months ago to all users and it has been working fine, and we are considering moving our telephone system to it.

But currently we have 2500 CX300's and on premises Skype For Bussiness. We do not want to use the CX300 with Teams, no one has enterprise voice enabled in teams as we are aware that Microsoft do not want to support the CX300 on teams and I get the impression that polycom dosn't either, but it means that we are rather stuck now. 

Hopefully if it is a Teams issue Microsoft will resolve the current issue, but it seems a shame that this device is being effectvily retired.

HP Recommended

Hello @NTU ,

I cannot speak for Microsofts plans on supporting the CX300 R2 but from what I heard this was a plan that is still happening.

Poly cannot do anything as from our end nothing has changed that previously worked.

I explain this in detail >here<, >here<, >here< and finally >here<

The linked post was closed by myself and I most likely will have to close this one here too.

Poly has not made any changes since taking over the original product from Microsoft and it used to work with its originally designed and intended clients and operating system versions.

The only change that has happened is the new Client aka Teams is no longer working with the device. Microsoft supplies this client and it is in their interest to re-instate promised support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thank you!  Good to know we're not the only ones seeing this issue as it was becoming a mystery.  I have already logged a ticket with Poly directly but will update and also log an issue with Microsoft.  Thank you for your reply.

Kat 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.