Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have users using the latest version of Skype For Business on MAC (16.13.184) and intermitently users are getting the "please upgrade office communicator" on the display's of CX300 s and CX300 R2 s

This lasts for around 15 minutes, generally the users are connected to the network and logged into Skype correctly.

Is this just a know bug with the CX300's and is there any fix

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @NTU,

Polycom and other manufacturers produce these optimized for Microsoft® Lync® or Skype® for Business devices after a reference design and they are usually supported and maintained by our partner Microsoft®.

You therefore may want to reach out to the Microsoft® community and / or Microsoft® support directly instead as this is the most direct and efficient path.

Please try here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello all,

Just to elaborate on this reply. The driver support for CX devices is provided via the LYNC and/or Skype for Business client.

To my knowledge Microsoft only supported the CX300 R2 (and assuming the CX300) up to the LYNC client 14.x.x.x on a Mac.

Any questions should go to Microsoft support directly.

Attached to this post and => here <= is the current data sheet for the CX300 R2 which only lists Microsoft Windows clients as supported.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi, the CX300 has been supported since Februrary 2017 in the new Mac SFB client - https://support.office.com/en-us/article/What-s-new-in-Skype-for-Business-cece9f93-add1-4d93-9a38-56...

Certified support is now available for the following USB devices:

• Polycom CX300

The client is constantly chainging at the moment so I will see if Microsoft can help, we do get it on the PC as well sometimes but I guess if MS are providing the driver then thats the best place to go,

Thanks for your help and quick replies.

Mat

HP Recommended

Hello @NTU,

Microsoft raised this via 118020117571367 and Polycom is jointly investigating the root cause for this via 1-8610635271

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have the Message 'Please Upgrade Office Communictor' since a few days.

I neither use Office Communcator nor Skype for Business.

What can I do that the messege which blocks the display disappears ?

HP Recommended

Hello @Tom_with_love_from_Germany ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Let's start by telling us what client and what type of PC/Mac and the OS version?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I use a Lenovo Thinkpad X380 Yoga with Windows 10 Build17134.1365.

I use the CX300 as a Hands free speker/mike for VoIP conferences with Circuit, but not for 'Real' telephony with dialing numbers and so on.

I installed MS Teams the day before yesterday. Is it possible, that Teams causes the Upgrade Message ?

Tom

HP Recommended

Hello @Tom_with_love_from_Germany 

we can only assume so. the CX300 has been qualified for Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business and was never tested or intended for any other client.

To my personal knowledge, Microsoft has not yet officially certified and added full support for the CX300 into the Teams client.

Any issues should be taken up with Microsoft.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.