Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX5100 Optimize USB 3.0 Connection

Occasional Contributor

CX5100 Optimize USB 3.0 Connection

Okay, I have read through all the documentation and even used the Google Research Library but I cannot find anything on what the checkbox under the Advanced section of the Profile Editor entitled "Optimize USB 3.0 connection when PC is directly connected to the Power Data Box". Does anyone know?

We have been having issues with our Windows 8.1 workstations running Skype for Business loosing connection to the CX5100 and we are trying to figure out how to stop this. We have turned off the ability for the OS to put the USB ports to sleep, we have doublechecked that the USB cable is a 3.0 cable and is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on the PC, We have updated the CX5100 to the latest firmware (1.1.6-50142) and we hope that this fixes the issue. The only way to fix the issue is to either unplug the USB cable from the PC or reboot the Power Data Box or sometimes both, So if anyone knows what this checkbox does, I would greatly apprecite knowing.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX5100 Optimize USB 3.0 Connection

Hello Will_Smothers,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Are you using the original USB 3.0 cable or some aftermarket cable and how long is this cable if yes?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2