Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Hello,

We have recently purchased a CX5500 (Software version 1.3.3.130010) and are having trouble with USB 3 connectivity.

When a user tries to connect via USB to a system that supports USB 3 it can take up to 5 minutes for the Polycom to be available for use. If I disable USB 3 in the BIOS, the same system will make the device available within 10 seconds. This seems to be consistent across all our systems and users with systems without USB 3 don't have this issue.

I see a "USB driver for Windows 10/8/7 x64" (all our systems are Win 10 x64). in the Documents & Software section but there are no instructions for installing this software that I can see.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, is there a fix? Does anyone know how to install the USB driver?

Thanks in advance,

- Hamilton

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Bump...

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Hi

The USB driver is only needed if the unit is not detected at all. I suggest you get this into support

Replied via a mobile device
----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 3 of 3