Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Occasional Visitor

CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Hello,

We have recently purchased a CX5500 (Software version 1.3.3.130010) and are having trouble with USB 3 connectivity.

When a user tries to connect via USB to a system that supports USB 3 it can take up to 5 minutes for the Polycom to be available for use. If I disable USB 3 in the BIOS, the same system will make the device available within 10 seconds. This seems to be consistent across all our systems and users with systems without USB 3 don't have this issue.

I see a "USB driver for Windows 10/8/7 x64" (all our systems are Win 10 x64). in the Documents & Software section but there are no instructions for installing this software that I can see.

Has anyone had this issue? If so, is there a fix? Does anyone know how to install the USB driver?

Thanks in advance,

- Hamilton

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Visitor

Re: CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Bump...

Message 2 of 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CX5500 very slow to connect via USB 3.0

Hi

The USB driver is only needed if the unit is not detected at all. I suggest you get this into support

Replied via a mobile device

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3