Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hey,

When we configure the exchange.meeting parameters on a Polycom Trio device to hide the subject of a meeting the meeting just comes up as "Meeting" even when the meeting isnt set to private.

The settings should also display the meeting organizer and this fails to work also.

<TEST exchange.meeting.showattendees="1" exchange.meeting.showdescription="1" 
exchange.meeting.showorganizer="1" exchange.meeting.showsubject="0"
exchange.meeting.showmoreactions="1" exchange.meeting.private.enabled="1"
exchange.meeting.private.showattendees="1" exchange.meeting.private.showdescription="1"
exchange.meeting.private.showsubject="0" exchange.meeting.private.showorganizer="1"></TEST>

Further information:
Polycom RealPresense Trio software version: 5.5.3.3517
Exchange used: Office365 exchange online.

I have attached a screenshot of the issue.

Any advise?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This issue was resolved in the latest firmware releases from 5.7.1 onwards.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi Duncy321,

exchange.meeting.showsubject="0" should remain set to 1 and you should be good to go.

Make sure that the resource calendars are set to preserve private meeting settings.  We had an "issue" where it was set on the Trio but not on the Exchange side.  Exchange defaults to removing the private meeting flag.

Copy from Microsoft below (link)

RemovePrivateProperty

This parameter controls the behavior of accepted meetings that are marked as private. Valid input is $true or $false. The default value is $true.

When this parameter is $true, the private flag is removed from a meeting request after it is accepted. This allows the meeting subject, schedule, and details to be viewed by anyone. When this parameter is $false, the private flag is preserved on the meeting requests after it is accepted.

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Hello @duncy21,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Are you missing the Organisers name on the TV UI but you see them in the Trio itself?

If yes this was working as designed but will change in the next UC Software 5.5.4 release via EN-77147

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

You are correct that the meeting organiser is shown on the Trio but not on the Visual+ TV output.

Ill test the meeting room resource private flag... and await the 5.5.4 release.

HP Recommended

Ok. Meetings now get flagged as private after changing the meeting room resource powershell parameter but your answer saying not displaying of the organizer on the tv is by design is wrong as we have other Polycom Trio/Visual+ units running the same software which only show the organizer.

I've attached a screenshot of the private meeting displaying as private but organizer not displaying on the Visual+ output on a Trio (Software version 5.5.3.3517) with the below code run on it.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
<test exchange.meeting.showAttendees="1" 
exchange.meeting.showDescription="1"
exchange.meeting.showOrganizer="1"
exchange.meeting.showSubject="1"
exchange.meeting.showMoreActions="1"
exchange.meeting.private.enabled="1"
exchange.meeting.private.showAttendees="0"
exchange.meeting.private.showDescription="0"
exchange.meeting.private.showSubject="0"
exchange.meeting.private.showOrganizer="1" />

I also attach a screenshot of another Trio (firmware 5.5.3.3441) which displays the organizer of the meeting only.

Is the displaying of the organizer to do with actually setting of the "exchange.meeting" parameters... or that the 2 versions of the firmware are slightly different?

HP Recommended

Hello @duncy21,

we may be talking about a different scenario but just using the factory config / values and:

exchange.meeting.showSubject="0"

shows the Meeting Organiser on the Trio itself but not on the TV UI.

This is what we had reported from a customer and which is what we are fixing.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok we are talking about the same scenario.

When is 5.5.4 down for release?

HP Recommended

Hello @duncy21,

we cannot publicly talk about release dates so you can either contact your reseller so they can open a ticket for you or if you have access to a Polycom SE they can share the BETA and the eta for the software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have updated to 5.5.4 and the same problem still remains.

I also tried resettings options 1, 2 and 3 then putting the same settings back in.

Still the meeting organiser is missing.

Should i be also factory resetting then updating to 5.5.4 just to be 100% sure?... or was this not fixed in 5.5.4?

HP Recommended

Hello @duncy21,

I am currently traveling all week so I cannot test this.

As your individual issue was never escalated and we assumed we are talking about the same things this can happen.

Its always important to escalate this so we can verify this and then avoid disappointment once we release a new software.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.