Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a Skype For Business 2015 infrastructure with a Spectralink DECT system (latest firmware) certified for S4B.

All works fine but when making a call FROM a Spectralink DECT handset to a VVX phone (VVX 411 with 5.8.0 UC software) the call drops after 10 seconds. A call FROM the same VVX phone to the same DECT handsets is working correctly. All other call directions (DECT => S4B Client, DECT => outbound numbers etc.) are working.

We talked to Spectralink and they told us there is a bug within the ICE protocoll of the VVX and they told us to enable a specific parameter on the DECT server. This did not help..

I then tried to deactivate the ice mode on the vvx by setting tcpipapp.ice.mode=disabled in the 00000000.cfg but i am not sure if this is possible when using the Lync base profile.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it possible to deactivate the ICE mode on the VVX to bypass this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
Please get this into support

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

In the spectralink IP-DECT server from Software PCS 18A, we have implemented a fix for this problem.

You need to enable this manually on the IP-DECT server.

See the attached document, that we have made for the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.