Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Call between VVX 410 and Spectralink DECT Handset drops after 10 seconds

Emu
Occasional Contributor

Call between VVX 410 and Spectralink DECT Handset drops after 10 seconds

We have a Skype For Business 2015 infrastructure with a Spectralink DECT system (latest firmware) certified for S4B.

All works fine but when making a call FROM a Spectralink DECT handset to a VVX phone (VVX 411 with 5.8.0 UC software) the call drops after 10 seconds. A call FROM the same VVX phone to the same DECT handsets is working correctly. All other call directions (DECT => S4B Client, DECT => outbound numbers etc.) are working.

We talked to Spectralink and they told us there is a bug within the ICE protocoll of the VVX and they told us to enable a specific parameter on the DECT server. This did not help..

I then tried to deactivate the ice mode on the vvx by setting tcpipapp.ice.mode=disabled in the 00000000.cfg but i am not sure if this is possible when using the Lync base profile.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it possible to deactivate the ICE mode on the VVX to bypass this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Call between VVX 410 and Spectralink DECT Handset drops after 10 seconds

Please get this into support

Replied via a mobile device

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Occasional Visitor

Re: Call between VVX 410 and Spectralink DECT Handset drops after 10 seconds

In the spectralink IP-DECT server from Software PCS 18A, we have implemented a fix for this problem.

You need to enable this manually on the IP-DECT server.

See the attached document, that we have made for the issue.