Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

we have several VVX 410 phones with firmware 5.5.1.11526 and now when a certain number is called, the call disconnects at the moment the other party picks up.

we use the phones with Skype for business 2013 /  Lync 2010 clients.

the log from Lync shows:

Diagnostic ID: 10006; source="ASMNLMLS05.asm.com"; reason="Proxy side Media negotiation failed"; component="MediationServer".

sometimes the call succeeds, and the other party has no problems calling us.

when doing the call with the Lync client, it works fine.

For trouble shooting we installed an older firmware: 5.4.2.2834 and it looks like this firmware is working better.

Any Ideas?

Regards,

Karl.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

I see very much the same answers, "Create a ticket through your reseller with Polycom support".

This is not what I expect from a "community support portal".

Even then, it's very hard to get support for a Polycom device because we don't the systems directly from the reseller, and the firm "Go Telecom B.V." is not very helpfull in this matter.

It would be very convinient if you can call Polycom support directly, or log a call with them, we can do this for all our other equipment for which we do have a support contract.

Also, if you want to get a support contract, you're told that "we cannot give you a support contract for Polycom only, we'll need to have the other components also because they interact which each other.

For now we cannot update our phones, because no-one will be able (or want) to give support on these Polycom devices, that's why I posted on this board in the first place.

Also I cannot shake the feeling I have when looking for errors with SIP on Google, that the industry is not keen on sharing any relevant information which you can use to solve your own errors, but rather drain you with "support contracts".

I also think that if you report a problem with a firmware, the manufacturer would really want to know about it, so it can be fixed, or that they at least know about it, so other users don't have to go looking for answers that aren't available.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Karl,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This needs to go to support so we can check this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

hello,

I have 2 serials for you: 00:04:F2:5E:C2:2C  and 00:04:F2:C7:5E:B2 but they are probably out of warranty.

regards,

Karl

HP Recommended

Hello Karl,

Both phone are out of warranty. They where purchased via Go Telecom B.V. so they are responsible for your support.

If you do not have any phones in warranty they need to open a PPI / Pay per Incident ticket for you with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I see very much the same answers, "Create a ticket through your reseller with Polycom support".

This is not what I expect from a "community support portal".

Even then, it's very hard to get support for a Polycom device because we don't the systems directly from the reseller, and the firm "Go Telecom B.V." is not very helpfull in this matter.

It would be very convinient if you can call Polycom support directly, or log a call with them, we can do this for all our other equipment for which we do have a support contract.

Also, if you want to get a support contract, you're told that "we cannot give you a support contract for Polycom only, we'll need to have the other components also because they interact which each other.

For now we cannot update our phones, because no-one will be able (or want) to give support on these Polycom devices, that's why I posted on this board in the first place.

Also I cannot shake the feeling I have when looking for errors with SIP on Google, that the industry is not keen on sharing any relevant information which you can use to solve your own errors, but rather drain you with "support contracts".

I also think that if you report a problem with a firmware, the manufacturer would really want to know about it, so it can be fixed, or that they at least know about it, so other users don't have to go looking for answers that aren't available.

HP Recommended

Hello Karl@asm.com,

The Skype for Business FAQ includes:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

The above can be utilized by End Customers to try and troubleshoot issues themselves.

Again End Customers cannot open a ticket and the only reason I provided you with the reseller who can (PPI) is the fact that many people purchase from some Internet discounters where they cannot expect any help at all.

You can post logs here but you should not automatically expect any help or a solution to your issue as only Polycom support has the ability to diagnose these fully and fix anything in the software if required.

If you have a working software release and do not want to go down the route of PPI then please utilize the last known software. Go Telecom can raise a PPI ticket for you with Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.