Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Team,

got VVX501 phones on Skype for Business 2015 on prem.

UC Software 5.8.2.4732

When pressing the transfer button and I haven't dialled for about 10 seconds the call disconnects and the call drops?

Is this normal? And is this something which can be adjusted on the VVX handsets or is it a skype for busness setting?

Thanks

Sebastian

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Sebastian1 ,

welcome back to the Polycom community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open / pending as you have not provided some form of feedback or answer or marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

In addition the phone(s) you are using did not show to be valid Skype for Business versions so I had asked you to ensure you are having the relevant Polycom per phone licenses.

Your new post does not include the minimum required details i.e. a backup and / or a log so anyone could check for you.

From a factory defaulted phone signed into Skype for Business the phone will return after 1 minute showing the initial call on hold and no call would be dropped.

Most likely this requires support so please ensure to provide proof of purchase for the relevant licenses to your Polycom reseller when opening a case via them as outlined in earlier posts.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

The issue does not seem phone specific but this behaviour is the same across the board.

The phone I am currently working on is 64167F352A21

Would you be able to kindly let me know what log settings should be changed to capture the correct logs as with the default log settings I can't see anything related to a call transfer or drop.

I can then post the logs here.

Thank You

HP Recommended

Hello @Sebastian1 ,

as already explained a factory defaulted VVX does not drop the call in my quick test using an on Premise Skype for Business server.

As a previous posted MAC address was not a Skype for Business SKU we would need to ensure that you actually hold the right amount of per phone licenses for any other type of such phone.

The latest MAC shows it was provided by Telstra for Transition Systems Australia Pty Ltd back in 07/12/2018.

Please work with them on this as they can provide you with the required Polycom per phone licenses or if you already purchased these can then open a support ticket with Polycom for you.

End Customers traditionally are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I will ask our reseller to open up a ticket.

I just can't imagine it is a single phone issue as all devices have the same behaviour and I tried to factory reset some.

It is also the same for VVX411 and VVX501 handsets.

Thanks for your help anyways, I will wait for Polycom to review the ticket.

HP Recommended

Hello @Sebastian1 ,

I am not questioning that this is a single phone but as you have not provided any configuration or backup we cannot tell.

As Skype for Business has many components like gateways etc. it would be super difficult to try and help you via the medium of a community forum.

As you latest MAC address is from a phone within warranty simply provide us with the ticket number once this has been opened.

Please do not forget to provide proof of purchase for all other phones that are not Skype for Business SKU or purchase these.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.