Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I found this Post from last year about this subject. I wanted an update as to if the answer in the provided was still the accepted solution. When Skype 4 Business favorites are posted to the phone's idle screen, there are no options as to what resource is first. It always goes straight to the SIP Number and then the SIP Voicemail. Unfortunately, not all of my workers are using Skype 4 Business as their primary work phones.

I guess the altrenate solution would be to go into their skype client and forward calls to their current work phone number.e

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello RedShirt_IT,

The answer to your question is still the same as provided to the other user:

• A long press on the contact will show you the other numbers and you can then select the Phone Number instead.

I can only suggest to work with your Polycom reseller or Polycom Sales engineer directly to get this prioritized for a future software version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem in a mixed environment, Lync 2013 and UC version 5.4.5.6770.

When I add a non-Lync user as favourite on the Skype for Business application, the VVX line key only displays her SIP address. While calls to the contact from Skype for Business application go directly to the work number, a long press on the VVX line key doesn't display any other number.

Do you know if there is a way to at least display the other phone numbers on the favourite line key?

Thanks!

Giacomo Tenaglia

HP Recommended

OK I understand this is an issue with Skype for Business server, in that if the contact has not added the caller to her contact list, then the caller is not able to see the phone details.

HP Recommended

Hello giacomod,

The Relationship status of a LYNC / Skype for Business contact needs to be changed to either a Workgroup or Friends and Family

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Indeed. Thanks a lot for the confirmation Steffen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.