cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conference Calls Drop on VVX 410/411

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Conference Calls Drop on VVX 410/411

I've ran into a strange issue that I can only replicate on the VVX 410 and VVX 411.  Running Version 5.6.0, and now 5.6.1.  Conference calls fail to establish when using the conference softkey to convert an in-progress call to a Skype Conference Call.  This does not seem to affect the VVX310 or VVX600 phones I've tried it on.  We run an on prem S4B environment, and all devices are connected via edge.

Steps to reproduce:

Call a PSTN number

Press Conference Softkey

Dial another number (can be PSTN, or Internal Skype Ext)

"connecting to conference" is displayed for about 30 seconds, then the call drops.

Oddly, this also only happens when the original call is to a PSTN user.  Looking at packet captures for said failures, on the VVX410/411's the captures are full of repeated STUN attempts, on the other models, the STUN looks like any other call, and the conference service bridges the two calls together like a normal skype for business conference.  All testing has been done with configs from the same provisioning server, with phones on the same switch, behind the same firewall, connecting to the same edge server, etc..

Unfortunately, at this time, I have no in-warranty devices to open a ticket.  I've opened a ticket with microsoft - since the issue appeared to be with the conferencing service initially.  They validated the configuration and said everything looks fine with our on-prem topology in thier point of view.  I'm hoping someone in the community might be able to provide suggestions.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Conference Calls Drop on VVX 410/411

Hello @Andy_OSI,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

First of all the warranty status should not hinder you to open a ticket as you simply would pay per incident / PPI.

I assume Microsoft support does also charge you for their support?

Usually all our phones should behave the same as they are using the same software but as you did not post any kind of logs or backups or traces there is not a lot we can try and guess.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2