Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Everyone, We are about to deploy VVX411 phones with expansion modules and are having trouble configuring the expansion module for speed dial keys. According to our IT Dept, Skype for Business does not allow changes to the configuration files for the expansion module. Has anyone had this issue before?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @JFDRescue1,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

we are using version 5.8.0.12386

HP Recommended

How are you pushing settings to these phones? Is it only thru Skype, or do you have the normal provisioning setup with all the .cfg XML files somewhere and a DHCP Option pointing the phones to that location?

We're doing exactly this, VVX601's with the colour expansion modules and Skype4b. We program the expansion modules with a csv file that's generated nightly by a powershell script. All the reception phones log in with a shared Reception@domain.com Skype/AD user, so we've got a 000000000000-Reception@domain.com.csv file in the root of the polycom config FTP folder. The 000000000000 prefix means all the phones that sign is as Reception@ will get it, rather than specific MAC addresses. If you don't have a shared user for reception you should be able to sub in the MAC address of the reception phone there and just have multiple copies of the CSV file.

Inside the file looks like this:

Line_Index,Line_URI,Line_Style
2,Ted@domain.com,e_Lync
3,Bill@domain.com,e_Lync
4,Ted@domain.com,e_Lync

We also have something else in the .cfg to make the line keys from 2 onwards start on the expansion module, not the screen of the phone, but I can't remember exactly which setting that was.

The nightly script we run to generate the CSV is below. The Polycoms are a bit fussy about the formatting and encoding of the CSV, so pay particular attention to the last line - that's the one that tells it which encoding to use and filters out some characters the phones didn't like.

Hope this helps!

$output = "\\server\share\000000000000-reception@domain.com.csv"
if (Test-Path $output) { Remove-Item $output }
$i = 2
$csv = @()
Get-ADGroup "Canberra Staff" | Get-ADGroupMember | foreach { $_.SamAccountName } | sort-object | foreach {
 $csv += [pscustomobject] @{
  Line_Index = $i++
  Line_URI = $_+"@domain.com"
  Line_Style = "e_Lync"
 }
}
$i = 30
Get-ADGroup "Sydney Staff" | Get-ADGroupMember | foreach { $_.SamAccountName } | sort-object | foreach {
  Line_Index = $i++
  Line_URI = $_+"@domain.com"
  Line_Style = "e_Lync"
 }
}
#Static entries for meeting rooms...
$i = 58
 Line_Index = $i++
 Line_URI = "room1@domain.com"
 Line_Style = "e_Lync"
}
 Line_Index = $i++
 Line_URI = "room2@domain.com"
 Line_Style = "e_Lync"
}

$csv | convertto-csv -notypeinformation | % {$_ -replace '"',''} | out-file $output -encoding ascii

HP Recommended

Hello @RyanTrainor,

the original poster asked about Speed Dials, your reply explains how to move Favorites / Contacts using EFLK:

Jan 04, 2016 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  a Line and / or Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

@JFDRescue1

Jun 17, 2015 Question:How can I add  a Speed Dial to the Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

or

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If you or your support team struggle and nobody from the community has any additional ideas please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.