Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is it yet possible, to use the VVX 601 for Teams?

In some official documents i saw that the Teams Support was planned for Q2/2018.

But it doesn't seam to work yet. 

I can not connect to Teams (Web Sign-On, Common Area Phone). No matter what licens/login i try (with Common Area Phone Licens or Office 365 Licens).

I can't even connect to Skype for Business anymore with the VVX.

But the same account that doesnt work with the VVX works great to login by PC f.e. .

So it's not he account that doesn't support it.

Do i have to change something special in the config?

I tried with the CAP Mode on and off.

Several accounts, Base Profil: Skype for Business or Generic, 

I played around with multiple settings, with no success.

So the question is: Is it (or will it be soon, or ever) possible, to use this phone with Teams?

I got a VVX 601, 3111-48600-001 Rev:A

Firmware 5.8.2.4732

Updater 5.9.6.10658

Powered by PoE Adapter

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @JMHeck,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A Polycom VVX mode can only register to a Skype for Business server. Teams is not supported. Microsoft offers a gateway so existing installations can be used as normal.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Ok, so it will never work with this phone, because we never use Skype on premise. Everything is online.

Hmm... then i will have to choose another phone for my case.

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Hello @JMHeck,

Most likely you are doing something wrong as Microsoft is not preventing an VVX to register to Skype for Business online.

Please use the FAQ:

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

You can post here within the community and other members can try and help you.

If this all fails please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, I have had this work fine on a VVX601.

It does need to be in Skype mode, not generic. I tested with the web sign in method and it worked fine.

The phone itself doesn't know about teams, Microsoft are doing some backend magic to make the phone sign into the Skype for Business Online backend and still work even when the user is in Teams Only mode. So there's no Teams branding on the handset or anything, but voice calls in and out work, tap to join meetings works, that sort of thing.

If it's not working for you I'd suggest looking at your autodiscover DNS entries, see if the phone can find the Skype4B Online servers it needs.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help to both of you!

I finally got it running with Skype login.

I saw, that it just couldnt get the time Zone.

So it made YES to "Override DHCP's SNTP Server"

and YES to "Override DHCP's Time Zone" (in Preferences => Date & Time)

and the next login was already successful. 

The thing i have to find out now, is how to force it to call on "Teams".

If i make a call (to my co-worker f.e.), on the other side i get Skype ringing. But i want to force Teams for this.

I will try to find a way for this.

So, if someone knows the way, i'd be happy to hear about !

HP Recommended

Well, you will need an audio gateway to achieve this. Skype for Business is not compatible with Teams, so your VVX won´t contact any Teams client. Only the other way around is possible, Teams is backwards compatible to SfB.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the info.

I'll see how i continue with this phone then.

HP Recommended

I think you'll find that's down to the Coexistence Mode settings on your tenancy.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-and-skypeforbusiness-coexistence-and-interoper...

Try setting the user you're signed into the VVX with as Teams Only. If that doesn't work, try setting the test user you're trying to call to Teams Only.

Skype and Teams coexistence is a big topic, covering much more than just VVX phones. Start reading up 😃

HP Recommended

Yes, i have seen the Coexistence Mode a while ago. But the problem is, that the "Teams Only" Mode isn't available anymore since some weeks. In none of our accounts.

There's only "Islands" and "Skype only". Nothing else.

But i saw this mode too in the dropdown list before. 

I'm about to try to find a way to force it to Teams only.

As soon as it works, i will respond here.

Perphaps there was another change that blocks the "Teams only" Mode?

I'll see what i can do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.