Connecting TRIO 8800 to PC via USB

Occasional Visitor

Connecting TRIO 8800 to PC via USB

I have a TRIO 8800 that cannot seem to connect to a computer via USB mode.

This issue has occurred in two different firmware versions and before and after a factory reset. Most recently I have updated the device to firmware version 5.8.0.15024. I have a Skype for Business On-Premise environment.

Multiple computers (two different Win10 images) fail to recognize the TRIO 8800 when plugged in via USB. I have tried connecting computers in both Skype for Business mode and Skype USB optimized mode. Settings under USB Computer Connection are set to enabled.

I do not have the cables included with the phone, are they special? Does this feature only work in one of the two USB ports? I've tried two different cables in both the full-size and micro USB ports to no avail.

Is there a software program I need to install on my PC?

I followed instructions in the videos online here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCgb3yke8tI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EOpmWjQ6ug

Can this device be paired (via USB, BToE) to a computer running Skype for Business? It would be ideal to retain call out functionality on the tablephone while still having it work with the conference room computer/television w/o having to switch modes. Other VVX phones seem capable of this, why not the TRIO?

I attempted to upload the config files and logs but the upload feature was unhappy with file extensions.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Connecting TRIO 8800 to PC via USB

Hello @CTMN ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Only the Micro USB Port can be used to connect the Trio to another PC or Mac and be used as a Speaker and Microphone.

In addition the USB connection also is used for sharing content.

As you have not attached a configuration we are unable to tell if this is somehow disabled in the configuration.

A factory defaulted unit should show this once the logging levels have been changed:

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > Application > Event 3

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > USB Audio > Event 1

0126102259|app1 |3|00|USB host connected
0126102259|usba |1|00|processUsbAudioEvent: event: 0, cable: 1, cfg: 2
0126102259|usba |1|00|processUsbAudioEvent: stateUpdated: 1, cable: 0, cfg: 2

As this unit was sold back in 29/12/2015 via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS it is Out Of Warranty so PPI / Pay Per Incident would be applicable.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:

The purpose of these forums is to allow community members collaborate and help each other.
Questions posted here do not follow Polycom’s SLA guidelines.
If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a
web service request or call us .

The above is necessary in order to track issue internally within Polycom.

You are welcome to post more questions or configuration or logs for other community members to look at but if your issue requires a fix via Polycom you must go via the official support structure.

Please ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

This forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Polycom employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and may be answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2