Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Contacts service failed?

Advisor

Contacts service failed?

Hey fellow users,

Just upgraded to 5.4.5 on a VVX 600 that uses BToE 3.3 to connect to SfB 2016, which in turn hits a Lync 2013 server, and an Exchange 2010 UM server. As near as I can recall, I made no configuration changes, but now the phone shows a warning that says "Contacts service failed. Connecting, Please wait..."

I'm suspecting that this is somehow related to the Unified Contact Store in Exchange 2013 and later. However, we aren't using that(Exchange 2010, still). Furthermore, we also have this configuration:

<feature.lync>
   <feature.lync.abs feature.lync.abs.enabled="1" feature.lync.abs.maxResult="12">
    </feature.lync.abs>
  </feature.lync>

And this:

<dir>
     <feature.corporateDirectory feature.corporateDirectory.enabled="0">
       <feature.corporateDirectory.alt feature.corporateDirectory.alt.enabled="0">
       </feature.corporateDirectory.alt>
     </feature.corporateDirectory>
   <feature.directory feature.directory.enabled="0">
     </feature.directory>
   <feature.exchangeContacts feature.exchangeContacts.enabled="0">
     </feature.exchangeContacts>
    </dir>

SfB Configuration information shows:

Contact List Provider: Skype for Business Server(Lync 2013 in our case)

Pairing State: Succeeded Enabled

UCS Connectivity State: Exchange Connection Down(which it has to be since it's only Exchange 2010)

MAPI Information: MAPI Status OK

EWS Information: EWS Status OK

Is there something we're doing wrong with our config that might be causing this error? We don't want to upgrade to 5.4.5 if it will generate spurious errors on end user's phones.

Thanks for any insight anyone has!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Contacts service failed?

Hello AcousTech,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

I have not seen this so I can only suggest you work with Support on this.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you. In case this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 8
Frequent Advisor

I am also having the error

if there is a case open and a solution found - please let me know

Message 3 of 8

Hello guideclothing,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Please do not rely on others to do this and simply open a service ticket in your region. The more people who raise this the quicker it get's resolved if we can find a fault.

In addition your issue may be slightly different.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 8
Advisor

1. I have not opened a case.

2. I've found that the error is intermittent. This may suggest that it has something to do with the performance of the network, but it does make it hard to diagnose.

3. I haven't found any helpful data about this specific issue in the phone logs.

4. I'm meeting with our support vendor this week. We may elect to open a case after that. If we do, I'll report back.

Message 5 of 8

Hello AcousTech,

Are you using any Flexible Line Keys ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 8
Advisor

Nope. Pretty much using standard Lync Base Profile, which assigns line keys to your Lync/SfB favorites. We don't modify/override that. at all.

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Advisor

Try adding this to your config file:

up.warninglevel="2" and see if this error goes away.

Message 8 of 8