Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Could not get any list from the dhcpOption120LyncQuery, setting the configured STS-URI

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Could not get any list from the dhcpOption120LyncQuery, setting the configured STS-URI

Hi,

i have S4B 2015 on premesise and in my office we use a MS DHCP.

i have no problem letting PIN sign in to work on my VVX handsets

i have a warehouse at a physcially different location - and i use a Draytek 2925 router to create a site to site VPN.

the Draytek router is the DHCP server for my warehouse location.

i can set some custom DHCP options - but there is a character limit - so i cannot use it to set Option 43 - so i set that throug the VVX web interface.. Settings.. Provisioning.. DHCP Menu.. DHCP Option 43 Override STS-URI

when i try to use a PIN sign in.. it fails and there is the following error in the VVX logs:

Could not get any list from the dhcpOption120LyncQuery, setting the configured STS-URI [Option43Hex]

Option 120 is specified in the Draytek DHCP server as a HEX (not ASCII).

what does this error mean?

Many thanks

jack

PS. i can sign in using my email/password

Firmware Version: 5.4.3.1014

Handset: VVX400

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Could not get any list from the dhcpOption120LyncQuery, setting the configured STS-URI

Hello GuideClothing,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Why can we not sign into LYNC via Pin & Extension?

Resolution: Please verify that the phone has the correct time and the Option 43 and Option 120 is setup in the DHCP scope as explained =>here <= or => here <= 

The above should provide some help for you to troubleshoot this.

If this fails you would need to open a service ticket with your Polycom reseller so Polycom support can have a look at this.

If the reseller is some Internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Frequent Advisor

Re: Could not get any list from the dhcpOption120LyncQuery, setting the configured STS-URI

thanks for the links.

i figured it out - in "DHCP Option 43 Override STS-URI" i was putting the Option 43 HEX code that the DHCPUntil was generating.

was i was supposed to put in was: https://lyncserver1.DomainName.local/CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc

I am now able to sign in with PIN with no problem.

it would have been useful if the Description gave more details about what i should have put in there

thanks

jack

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Jack,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 14, 2015 Question:Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Frequent Advisor

thank-you

it is working now

jack

Message 5 of 5