Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have S4B 2015 on premesise and in my office we use a MS DHCP.

i have no problem letting PIN sign in to work on my VVX handsets

i have a warehouse at a physcially different location - and i use a Draytek 2925 router to create a site to site VPN.

the Draytek router is the DHCP server for my warehouse location.

i can set some custom DHCP options - but there is a character limit - so i cannot use it to set Option 43 - so i set that throug the VVX web interface.. Settings.. Provisioning.. DHCP Menu.. DHCP Option 43 Override STS-URI

when i try to use a PIN sign in.. it fails and there is the following error in the VVX logs:

Could not get any list from the dhcpOption120LyncQuery, setting the configured STS-URI [Option43Hex]

Option 120 is specified in the Draytek DHCP server as a HEX (not ASCII).

what does this error mean?

Many thanks

jack

PS. i can sign in using my email/password

Firmware Version: 5.4.3.1014

Handset: VVX400

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 14, 2015 Question:Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello GuideClothing,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The community's Skype FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Why can we not sign into LYNC via Pin & Extension?

Resolution: Please verify that the phone has the correct time and the Option 43 and Option 120 is setup in the DHCP scope as explained =>here <= or => here <= 

The above should provide some help for you to troubleshoot this.

If this fails you would need to open a service ticket with your Polycom reseller so Polycom support can have a look at this.

If the reseller is some Internet discounter and is unable or unwilling to do this please provide me with a MAC address of one of the phones and I look this up.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

thanks for the links.

i figured it out - in "DHCP Option 43 Override STS-URI" i was putting the Option 43 HEX code that the DHCPUntil was generating.

was i was supposed to put in was: https://lyncserver1.DomainName.local/CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc

I am now able to sign in with PIN with no problem.

it would have been useful if the Description gave more details about what i should have put in there

thanks

jack

HP Recommended

Hello Jack,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 14, 2015 Question:Utilizing Pin & Extension Sign in without DHCP Server Option 43 support?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

thank-you

it is working now

jack

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.