Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I think I have discoivered a bug with the VVX Firmware 5.5.1.11526, when used with a DNS Load Balanced SfB Edge Pool.
The scenario:

1. VVX Device (310, 400 and 500 all exhibit the same issue) on internal LAN and signed in to with SfB User.

2. SfB Edge Pool with two Edge Servers using DNS Load Balancing

When the VVX Device is booted and signed into it randonmly chooses one Edge Server to use for TURN regardless if that Edge Server is up or down.
The issue is repeatable and I can provide logs if needed from the Lab (easily re-producable in a lab)

For example if the VVX device picks Edge01 (from the resolved DNS Load Balanced Edge Pool FQDN) and Edge01 is down, the VVX device does not use Edge02 and sticks with Edge01 untill a reboot of the VVX.
If I reboot the VVX and sign back in then it picks Edge01.
HOWEVER: If I repeat the device reset / sign in process the VVX will flip between Edge01 and Edge02 on subsequent reboots/signin regardless if the services on the Edge  Server or the Edge Server is down
Full Fat and CX Devices do not exhibit this issue only VVX devices.

The VVX Device only picks one Internal IP Address from the resolved DNS LB Edge Pool, for example:

1. At first sign in the VVX device picks Edge02 Internal IP 192.168.20.17 for TURN Services (Attached Device Log File FIRST_SIGNIN0004f2c54537-app.log)
  2. I stop the services on Edge02 but the VVX does not attempt to use Edge01 Internal IP 192.168.20.16 for a call to external Endpoint (SecondStep_0004f2c54537-app.log)

(TURN Allocate failures on 192.168.20.17 due the services stopped on Edge02, Full Fat clients and CX Devices do not exhibit this issue, and they flip over to EDGE01)

If I now sign out and Sign in again as the same user the device still uses Edge02, I then reboot the device and sign in as the same user and Edge01 is used

3. I reboot the device and sign back in as the same user, the VVX now uses 192.168.20.16 (Edge01)

As mentioned if I reboot the VVX again then it will flip back to Edge01, and so on....

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Mem,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever solve your other issue => here <= or escalated it into Polycom support as advised?

For your new Issue I am unable to find the MAC address that you posted so please post a couple of different ones in case I need to check who you need to work with in order to get this to support as this is the only way to do this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks, the MAC address of the VVX Device in this post is from my Lab, however I can get you a mac address(es) of the customers device(s) (I can send over PM)

It seems to be a bug and is very easily re-producable in a Lab.

As for the Conversation Window Extension issue, I have just posted an update, we devleloped a workaround for this issue and do not use CWE any more...

Thanks

HP Recommended

BTW, it's not a 5.5.1 bug, i've seen that with all the 5.4 flavors as well.

HP Recommended

Your right 5.4's also has this issue, not tested with previous releases, if I have enought time I will check in what revision it broke 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello Stephen R and MehmetK,

could you please both open a ticket so we can analyze this in support?

Without this we cannot progress.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have attempted to raise a ticket for a Device that the customer owns, I had a prompt that someone will be in touch within two business days ?

HP Recommended

Hello MehmetK,

If you provide me with a MAC address I can check who your reseller is.

If you already have a Polycom reference starting with 1- please post this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.