Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Disable Forwarding - Disable Forwarding Soft Key Trouble

SOLVED
Advisor

Disable Forwarding - Disable Forwarding Soft Key Trouble

Hi, 

I am configuring some VVX410's to be common area phones and am having issues hiding the forward button.  I have following parameters in my configuration file.

feature.forward.enable 0

Enable or disable call forwarding. When disabled, the Forward soft key does not display and the option is removed
from the phone’s menu system at Menu > Settings > Features.

softkey.feature.forward 0 

If 0, the Forward soft key is not displayed. If 1, the soft key is displayed.

No overrides are enabled.  My configuration shows error free but it's like these settings just wont apply properly.  

VVX410

UCS 5.4.3.1014

The strange thing is I did see the forward soft key disappear very briefly, like 20 seconds and then somehow it came back.  I can't manage to keep it away.

I mostly followed Emilio's post for common area phones.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/The-View/How-to-Turn-a-Polycom-VVX-Business-Media-Phone-into-a-Commo...

2 REPLIES 2
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Disable Forwarding - Disable Forwarding Soft Key Trouble

Hello medlhuber,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Firstly any change to keys needs:

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"

In addition the community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Feb 01, 2016 Question:Why am I unable to disable the call forwarding softkey on a Polycom VVX Business media Phone since upgrading to UC Software 5.4.0 or later?

Resolution:When using a Polycom VVX Business media Phone running UC Software 5.4.0 or later in LYNC Base profile the Skype for Business / LYNC Voice Routing => Voice Policy takes precedence over the softkey.feature.forward=”0” parameter. Either creating a new Voice Policy for these phones or removing the “Enable call forwarding” and/or “Enable simultaneous ringing of phones” will disable the key.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 3
Advisor

Re: Disable Forwarding - Disable Forwarding Soft Key Trouble

Thanks, fixing my voice policy did the trick!

Thanks

-Matt

Message 3 of 3