Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am looking for an option to disable the favourite contacts on the VVX 410 homescreen and changing the 911 emergency number to local emergency number through .cfg file.
I was not able to figure out which values needs to be add or change in .cfg files.

It would be great help if you would have guide me to change these values in config files.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Adarsh P S,

UC Software 5.4.1 added a new Flexible Line Key feature which allows users to control what favorites are displayed on the phone and where.

Jan 04, 2016 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  a Line and / or Presence Keys?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

In regards of Emergency number are you talking about the five authorized numbers that can be set on the Phone when it is locked?

If yes then:

Apr 23, 2013 Question: How can I lock my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Adarsh P S,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes or admin guides.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

The UC version is UC 5.4.3

HP Recommended

Hello Adarsh P S,

UC Software 5.4.1 added a new Flexible Line Key feature which allows users to control what favorites are displayed on the phone and where.

Jan 04, 2016 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of  a Line and / or Presence Keys?

In regards of Emergency number are you talking about the five authorized numbers that can be set on the Phone when it is locked?

If yes then:

Apr 23, 2013 Question: How can I lock my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes Steffen,

Now the phone shows the favourite contacts in the homescreen as well as in the contacts. And we don't want to show the favourite contacts in homescreen of VVX410.

Since we have a large number of phones, we will be doing through provisioning method.

So, it would be great if you give me the xml code for disabling the Favourite Contacts from homescreen, I can put in .cfg file and push to all VVX 410 phones.

Thanks again.. 

HP Recommended

Hello Adarsh P S,

I already pointed you to the right post:

Enabling the above will only display the Line Key and no contacts unless you manually add them.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank You Steffen for your input.. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.