Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have some devices connected to Lync (CX600, CX5500, RPTrio and VVX) and on CX600 and RPTrio on the LCD screen I can see the user Line URI (telephone number) and the user display name.

I can't achive it on VVX phones, I found only this parameter

reg.1.useTelUriAsLineLabel

where I can choose between display name or phone number.

Is not possible to see both like CX600 and RPTrio?

Thanks.

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Enrico,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever solve your CX5500 issue => here <= ?

The community's Skype for Business FAQ contains this post here:

Jul 11, 2014 Question: How can I display my phone Extension rather than the Username using LYNC?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

At present only the RealPresence Trio and of course the Microsoft Designed CX600 phones display the name and the number.

A future release of the VVX and most likely the CX5500 will add this as well. Please check the release notes of new releases as we cannot discuss unreleased software.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

I solved the CX5500 issue changing the protocol from FTP to HTTP, it looks like the CX5500 has some problem only with Windows FTP, I've tested it with Filezilla and it worked.

I don't know if the newest CX5500 firmware supports the Windows FTP, but it could be a good news to avoid to use HTTP protocol.

So, regarding the number + display name on VVX, I understand I need to wait for next firmware release.

Thanks.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.