Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Does Trio 8800 Firmware 5.9.0 Rev AB support Microsoft Identity Platform 2.0

Occasional Visitor

Does Trio 8800 Firmware 5.9.0 Rev AB support Microsoft Identity Platform 2.0

Does the new firmware for the Trio 8800 ver 5.9.0 rev AB released on June 12 support the new MS requirement for Oath2.0?

We've received a notification from MS O365:

Skype for Business Certified IP Phones: Microsoft Online Device Registration update

Microsoft is implementing the use of Microsoft Identity Platform 2.0 (an evolution of the Azure Active Directory identity service) which uses the OAuth 2.0 authorization protocol. OAuth 2.0 is a method through which a third-party app can access web-hosted resources on behalf of a user, through a third-party application ID.

All certified Skype for Business IP phones must be updated by July 1st, 2019. Without the update, successful authentication to Microsoft services on IP Phones will fail. Customers are encouraged to work with their certified Skype for Business IP Phone provider to make the update before the deadline.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Does Trio 8800 Firmware 5.9.0 Rev AB support Microsoft Identity Platform 2.0

Hello @chinesescouser ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

UC Software 5.9.0 Rev AB did not yet get the OAuth 2.0 support as our Partner Microsoft has delayed the launch until January 2020

I have not yet a release and a date when we add OAuth 2.0 support

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Occasional Visitor

Re: Does Trio 8800 Firmware 5.9.0 Rev AB support Microsoft Identity Platform 2.0

Hi Steffan.  Thanks for the response.

Not sure how MS is managing the enforcement of this, but can Poly confirm that our set of Trio 8800 devices will not be impacted until beyond Jan 2020? 

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @chinesescouser ,

We are working on this with our partner Microsoft and plan to release software by then.

if you still have questions around this please work with your Poly reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4