Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

[FAQ] Common Area Phone support

Polycom Employee & Community Manager

[FAQ] Common Area Phone support

Hello all,

UC Software 5.7.0 added common area phone support to compatible Polycom VVX Business Media Phones.

• Common area phones are typically in common areas such as lobbies, cafeterias, employee lounges and meeting rooms.

• Polycom CAP settings can be used with both on-prem and online users. Independent of server or account settings. SfB CAP accounts are not automatically discovered

• Single parameter “feature.CAP.enabled” to disable multiple features and can be configured via configuration file, PhoneUI and WebUI

<test feature.CAP.enabled="1" />
  • PhoneUI: Home > Settings > Advanced > Administration > Common Area Phone Settings

CommonAreaPhone_02.png

• WebUI: Settings > Skype for Business Settings > Common Area Phone Settings

CommonAreaPhone_01.png

CAP Phone User and Admin Mode

• When CAP feature is enabled on the Phone, the Phone operates in Two modes: User Mode and Admin mode.

• CAP Admin Mode:

In this mode, Admin privileged Menus / Options are enabled
    - Basic Settings
    - Sign-In
    - Sign-Out

• CAP User Mode:

- Basic Settings, Sign-In and Sign-out Options will be disabled

• Admin can enable/disable CAP admin mode.
    - Home >Settings >Advanced > Administration > Common Area Phone Setting > CAP Admin Mode

• This Admin mode will be reset/disabled on restart/reboot of phone.

• By default mode is set to User Mode.

- Note: CAP feature is driven by VVX phones, irrespective of server settings. SfB CAP accounts are not automatically discovered

CommonAreaPhone_04.pngCommonAreaPhone_03.png

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Tags (4)
Message 1 of 1