Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All!

I see within the documentation https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/ccx-phones/user/en/ccx-ms-ag.... (on page 128) that these phones can be provisioned with DHCP Option 66.  Is the provisioning method the same as VVX and other Poly phones for FTP where the CCX Phones uses default credentials to sign in: i.e. PlcmSplp/PlcmSplp? 

While a majority of the settings would be controlled by Teams at the end of the day, I want to be able to provide initial software upgrades (i.e.: first boot), Accept the EULA, Set phone to Teams Mode, Set Dark Theme, & Enable Bluetooth; since my plan is to ship these devices to our various office locations for the employees to plug and play. 

I assume that if the FTP provisioning is supported on the CCX Phones, I can set all of these settings on one phone manually and export the configuration and device settings and create a custom.cfg loaded by the 000000000000.cfg file with the settings from above or are some features not available to be provisioned?

Let me know.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Satori ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Guide needs to be updated as our phones always ask for DHCP option 161 (Skype and Teams SKU) and then fall back to option 66

I suggest you check:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Whilst you can set certain features during the initial bootup (Software, EULA, Teams mode etc) you cannot (to my own personal knowledge) set Teams specific functions like Dark Theme.

The below should get you going:

<web device.set="1"
		device.baseProfile.set="1"
		device.baseProfile="MSTeams"
		device.eulaAccepted.set="1"
		device.eulaAccepted="1"
		prov.eula.accepted="1"
		bluetooth.radioOn="1"/>

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Satori ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Guide needs to be updated as our phones always ask for DHCP option 161 (Skype and Teams SKU) and then fall back to option 66

I suggest you check:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I setup my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?

Whilst you can set certain features during the initial bootup (Software, EULA, Teams mode etc) you cannot (to my own personal knowledge) set Teams specific functions like Dark Theme.

The below should get you going:

<web device.set="1"
		device.baseProfile.set="1"
		device.baseProfile="MSTeams"
		device.eulaAccepted.set="1"
		device.eulaAccepted="1"
		prov.eula.accepted="1"
		bluetooth.radioOn="1"/>

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the relevance of the 000000000000.cfg or <mac>.cfg?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for the quick response.  Switching from DHCP Option 66 to 161 resolved and now the phone is able to pull configuration files and firmware.

Is there an option to accept the language screen after setting it?  I am able to set set the value via lcl.ml.lang but the phone still requires user interaction to go to the next screen to sign into Teams for the first time.

It would be a nice feature, if possible, to be able to set the theme on the phones.  I do not believe that this setting is controlled by Teams as I am able to change this value from the phone before I authenticate or sign into Teams.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @Satori ,

the language should be fine if you are running 5.9.13.0306 as I believe the previous 5.9.12.1122 had that issue.

The dark theme is a Teams IP phone app setting and nothing that is linked to our underlying UC Software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

If it was an issue in prior builds, it still exists in 5.9.13.0306.  I also did a factory reset to the phone to test the behavior and the phone skips the EULA now and on the Language it does pick English (en-us) based on the the configuration file but I still have to hit OK to proceed to the Teams screen. 

Not a big deal or problem, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks again, we should be good at this point.  If you need anything else from me just let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.