Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Factory reset via provisioning server

Occasional Advisor

Factory reset via provisioning server

I have approx 250 phones that I am switching from a 8x8 sip load to Skype for Business,

while I can flip the profile to the Skype load using a provisioning server,

We are finding lingering 8x8 info in the phones that is preventing them from signing into Skype.

Is there a configutation that I can push from the provisioning server that will ensure all previous info is erased or at least the account info?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Factory reset via provisioning server

Hello @Bob Smith ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

You could try and set a default configuration basically reversing everything that is set at present on the 8x8 configuration.

If these units are not a Skype for Business -019 or LYNC SKU -018 please remember that you require the following per phone:

5150-49252-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE IND PHONE
5150-49253-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (5 UNITS)
5150-49254-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10 UNITS)
5150-49255-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (100 UNITS)
5150-49256-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (1000 UNITS)
5150-49257-001 SW,LIC,LYNC ENTERPRISE SITE (10000 UNITS)

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

These phones will be replaced by Teams supported devices, this is just interim for now.

Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @Bob Smith ,

If you are using a phone for more than the 30-day test phase a valid license is required.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4