Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi 
I have multiple Polycom VVX500 phones that were configured with Skype for Business and working fine for the last two years. 
The users can no longer login and they get the error: Failed to fetch the user certificate. 

Phone Information

Phone ModelVVX 500

Part Number3111-44500-001 Rev:A

MAC Address00:04:F2:64:7C:99

IP ModeIPv4

IP Address192.168.60.158

UC Software Version5.9.0.9373

Updater Version5.9.7.11143

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @najibov ,

Please be aware of the following when utilizing UCS 4.1.0 or later:

The use of Polycom UC Software versions 4.1.X (“Software”) requires the purchase of a separate Software license for every device that will use the Software in Skype for Business environment. You may not install, access, or use the Software in Skype for Business environment on more devices that are listed on your license until additional licenses have been purchased and authorized by Polycom. These licenses should be purchased from the same company from which you purchased the devices. You may operate devices against Skype for Business server for trial purposes for up to 30 days without purchasing a license. Use of the Software is subject to the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement.

Polycom reserves the right to audit your deployment to verify that you have sufficient licenses to match the number of devices being used.

Information in regards of License Part Numbers can be found here

When checking your provided Mac address we can see that the Phone(s) in question is not a Skype for Business SKU.

Therefore please ensure you have the correct license in place before using any phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Is that the answer to my question ???!!! You must be kidding me!

Can you just admit that you don't know so i can look for a solution myself?

HP Recommended

Hello @najibov ,

without the correct license in place, you are not allowed to utilize our software after 30 days without purchasing a license.

As the SKU you have been using does not hold this you would need to prove you have the relevant license in place.

You are free to utilize the community search but in order to continue, you need to ensure you have the correct licenses in place.

I would assume other organisations would check this as well.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have also been seeing this issue with a client that has 650+ phones, only a few say 10-15 have experienced this cert issue.

Only thing I found to fix it was a either a 1,3,5 reset or a reset from the web gui.

Sometimes as reset from the web doesn't work and I have to end up doing a 1,3,5 reset right on the phone.

HP Recommended

Hello @Bob Smith ,

welcome back to the Poly Community.

Jan 17, 2017 Question:How can I troubleshoot simple Skype for Business, LYNC or Office365 issues?

Resolution: Have a look => here <=

Get some logs and escalate this into support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Not worth it, the time involved in collecting logs and going back an forth is just too much.

Much easier to just reset the phone and send the user on their way.

What am I going to tell them, they can't use their phone while I collect logs...

HP Recommended

Hello @Bob Smith ,

Setting the correct logging levels and a provisioning server or RPRM or PDMS-E will collect the logs when the issue occurs. This way you can submit them to our support team and we can work the issue and fix this.

That way we can provide a fix for you and other users.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.