Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, we are a 2-person mico-company and we just purchased the VVX 601 to use with Microsoft Office Skype for Business with PBX Cloud and Microsoft PSTN.  I cannot find anywhere, instructions on how to set a static IP on this phone.  Can you please point me to (or post) the step-by-step instructions on how to set a static IP address on a VVX 601?  Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello JensenLT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Oct 22, 2013 Question: How can I manually change network settings on the phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello JensenLT,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Oct 22, 2013 Question: How can I manually change network settings on the phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My apologies for not including the software version.  It is 5.4.1.17954 (pic attached "Current Software Version for VVX 601")

Also, when I go into the Polycom 601 Advanced menu, after i put in the password, it only gives me 2 choices: 1) Change User Password and 2) Reboot Phone.  The graphics on the VOIP FAQ Page (How can I manually change network settings on the phone) show that once I get to the Advanced menu, I should see 3 items: 1) Admin Settings, 2) Change User Password, 3) Reboot Phone.....the "Administrator Settings" choice does not appear. (pic attached "Advanced Screen on VVX 601")

If the graphics on the VOIP FAQ Page (How can I manually change network settings on the phone) are of the 5.5 software, then I'm in a catch 22 because I need to put in a static IP on the 601 first before the 601 can get to the internet to get the 5.5 software to update itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello JensenLT,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: What is the Standard Username and Password for a Polycom Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

If 456 as a Password does not give you the relevant access to the phone you may be using a service provider which has changed the password.

Current software releases do not allow access to the DHCP or DNS settings via a basic menu.

Please work with your reseller or service provider to gain access to this menu.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.