Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

How to set up the call park soft key on a VVX400?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to set up the call park soft key on a VVX400?

I'm tyring to get the call park soft key on my vvx400. I'm running the skype for business software on the phone and have tried a couple of parameters with no luck. If possible please send the correct parameter strand to enable the call park soft key. I have tried

feature.callpark.enable="1"

softkey.feature.callpark="1"

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: How to set up the call park soft key on a VVX400?

Hello aswann@ipsymphony.com,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced or a question asked may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes, Administrator Guides or FAQ post’s.

The above is also stated in the "Must Read First" and is the absolute minimum requirement every new post should include. .

In addition providing us with this basic information gives Polycom an idea what Software Versions are used in the field and avoids wasting time trying to troubleshoot issues which have already been addressed.

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP or UC Software Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

To answer your question is the feature even activated on the server as shown => here <= ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steffen,

Thank you for the reply. The phone is currently updated to 5.6.0.17325. We see that 5.7 is available but the phone will not update to that my guess it the 400s stop at 4.6. Will the directions sent be the same for the later software versions? We have a vvx 501 and vvx601 updated to 5.7.1

Message 3 of 7

The VVX is compatible with every released version and there a no know restrictions. 

How are you updating your Phones ? Polycom hosted server or Local FTP or via the Skype for Business server?

Is the VVX600 working aka does it have a Park Key ?

If nobody else has any other ideas and you cannot find a solution or answer you need to open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Occasional Contributor

We update the phones through the web configuration tool from a browser. We get there from the phones IP address. The 600 does not show a park key after having the latest firmware.Do you recommend updating them a different way or putting a parameter into the phones config to activate the soft key? That softkey doesn't show as an option on the softkey selection on the web configuration tool.

Thanks

Anthony

Message 5 of 7

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

To answer your question is the feature even activated on the server as shown => here <= ?

Please check the above and if not open a Ticket. There is no need on the Polycom end to do anything.

Message 6 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Skype for Business Online does not support Call park only on premise.

Message 7 of 7