Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Hopefully you can help. We have recently purchased the real presence trio 8800 visual + to use in our new conference room and to use it with skype for business, the sku is 2200-66070-019 fyi, and i have also updated it to 5.4.4.7609, but i cant seem to find any resources to help me configure it. i thought it would be a lot easier than this. So basically....

the phone and visual + are paired, but it doesnt seem like they have took a ip address from our dchp server, the ip address of the phone is 192.168.20.27 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0, while our network here is 192.168.0.0/24, where is it getting this address from? i thought it would just get its settings from dhcp? 

ive tried signing it but didnt work, but i didnt expect it to due to the different network addresses.

web managment isnt accessible, i even manually set the ip options on the handset to our range but that didnt work as it communicate with the visual + and yes ive enabled the web management on the handset.

Please can someone help with some instructions and let me know where im going wrong.

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended
Hello

Can you make a wire shark trace via a spanned port or do you have any Option 43 or similar in your network?

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Havent got a spanned port configured not sure how to do that, but could possibly try. 

Ive installed wireshark and started a capture on my machine, will that be any use?

What is option 43, do you mean option 43 in our DHCP server if so this option is not configured.

Noticed this on wireshark, this ip (192.168.20.30) relates to the visual + device

10 0.576909 192.168.20.30 224.0.0.200 UDP 118 2000 → 2000 Len=76

HP Recommended

Hello Richard Lenton,

Port mirroring is explained => here <= but if you can somehow access the Trio could you change the logging :

Settings > Logging > Global Log Level Limit > Debug
Settings > Logging > Log File Size (Kbytes) > 512

Settings > Logging > Module Log Level Limits > DHCP Client > Debug

Can you also try using a USB stick but copy the 000000000000.cfg on it which comes with the firmware when you download one for the Trio.

Simply plug the USB stick into the Trio, try 456 as a password, and it should upload its log.

On the Trio please remember to activate the Web Interface

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Since upgrading to UCS 5.1.1 or later and running LYNC base profile I can no longer access the Web Interface

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello again, 

So the plot thickens, we have a hosted telephony PBX system, and use polycom phones, and the ip address that the 8800 is receiving is on the same network that our phone system.

So how can i change this so that its on our normal lan ?

i look forward to your response

HP Recommended

Hello Richard,

not sure how you assign an IP address but our units support VLAN via DHCP, CDP or LLDP.

Please work with your local IT team on this as this is not a Polycom issue.

The generic VoIP section has a FAQ on all sorts of network related questions that can assist you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks for the defer, 

are you able to tell me if you can statically assign a ip address to the phone and visual + deivces? as this would possible solve the issue?

regards

Richard

HP Recommended

Hello Richard,

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Sep 20, 2016 Question:How can I set a manual IP address for the Visual+?

Resolution: Please check the "Setting a Manual IP Address for the Visual+" => here <=

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

If you require support you need to do this via your Polycom reseller.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks the serial numbe for the phone is: 0004f2fdc94f and the serial number of the visual plus is: 0004f2fd2e94

Another question please - do i need a licence to use this for skype?

kind regards

Richard

HP Recommended

Hello Richard,

The unit was sold via Nycomm Ltd back in 31/03/2016.

They are your reseller and can open a Polycom Service Ticket for you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.