Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a CX5500 that is currently running UC version 5.4.0.14087 and Device version 1.2.3.70255 and am having trouble upgrading the devgice software to 1.3.  I tried upgrading via USB and it recognizes the thumb drive, but the phone then asks me ti sign in. It will not accept the admin password and just sits there. No matter what I put in the for the password, I hit enter and nothing happens. If I hit Cancel nothing happens as well (I know it is recognizing the button rpesses because I see them flash and I can change the mode). I factory reset the phone and tried it before anything was set up and got the same thing. I haven't been able to find any references to any type of sign in before you can upgrade the device, it is just supposed to recognize the USB and do the install. Is there something I'm missing somewhere? Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on here? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello dirkle,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• Did you simply place the .tar file on the USB Stick ?
  • Did you try and boot the unit with the USB stick inserted?
  • Did you follow this guide => here <= ?
  • Did you try it via the Web Interface from the Polycom hosted server as show => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I finally got it to work. While the hosted server still said I was up to date with 1.2.3, I managed to get the USB to work. You must enable the phone lock option apparently for it to work. Once I enabled that (and rebooted) it recognized the USB and installed the update.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.