Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have two Trio 8800 and a few VVX400 provisioned with Skype for Business cloud accounts.

Since the first week of October 2016, none of these phones can join Skype for Business online meetings from the "join" button or from the calendar alert.

On the application log of the 8800 I found the following lines that seem to be relevant:

1108104154|app1 |5|00|[cccpScheduledMeetingJoin] Input Link(https://meet.lync.com/***/***/Y1DGVMYY?conversation-id=aE4u6cRbt;subject=***) Output Url(sip:***@lync.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:Y1DGVMYY?conversation-id=aE4u6cRbt;subject=***) isCallLogRejoin(0)
1108104155|sip  |4|00|[CStkCccp::getMedSessHdl] no MedSessHdl found

(some data replaced with * )

We can call the phones directly to their Skype for Business IDs and audio and video calls work flawlessly. We can add the phones to an ongoing online meeting, and audio and video works fine too. The issue occurs only when trying to join from the meeting alert or the calendar on the phone UI.

All the phones were working fine (i.e. were able to join online meetings) before October 2016.

I believe this problem may be similar to the one described on this thread:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Skype-for-Business/Joining-Skype-for-Business-meetings-via-Trio-8800...

These phones were acquired through an online retailer.

Your help is very much appreciated.

-Xavier.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This issue has been resolved by Skype for Business Mac client v. 16.5.185, released on 03/28.

I have tested, and my Polycom VVX 410 and RealPresence Trio 8800 phones can join online meetings created from Outlook for Mac.

-Xavier.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello Xavier,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am unsure if this other poster has ever opened a support ticket as advised but you should ensure you are on the latest software first before doing anything.

Can you ensure you are running UC Software 5.4.3.2400 ?

The next step would be to work with support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, Steffen!

Yes, we're running UC Software 5.4.3.2400.

This is one of our Trio 8800 being affected:

Part number: 3111-65290-001 Rev:A
MAC Address: 00:04:F2:FD:92:A7

-Xavier.

HP Recommended

Hello Xavier,

This unit was sold via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS back in 17/03/2016.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you, Steffen.

I contacted Scansource Communications and they were of help by providing a workaround for my problem.

By following their recommendation I was able to learn the actual technical reason of the problem, altough at the moment I'm not sure if this is a technical issue on the side of Microsoft or on the UC software developed by Polycom. Can you advise?

A support ticket with Polycom has not yet been created.

I have filed a bug report with Microsoft, and here's the full description of the issue with my findings:

Polycom phones can't join online meetings created from Outlook for Mac

Online meetings created from Outlook for Mac can not be joined from Polycom VVX or Polycom RealPresence Trio phones, but can be joined successfully from the Skype for Business Mac client.

Online meetings created from OWA can be successfully joined from both: Polycom phones and Skype for Business Mac clients.

The following entry is found in the Polycom RealPresence Trio logs when trying to join a meeting created from OWA:

1117134726|app1 |5|00|[cccpScheduledMeetingJoin] Input Link(sip:firstname.lastname@corp.base22.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:4NK6NXTN;subject=Test meeting) Output Url(sip:firstname.lastname@corp.base22.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:4NK6NXTN;subject=Test meeting) isCallLogRejoin(0)

The following entry is found in the Polycom RealPresence Trio logs when trying to join a meeting created from Outlook for Mac:

1117134931|app1 |5|00|[cccpScheduledMeetingJoin] Input Link(https://meet.lync.com/base22/firstname.lastname/H1AO7VGF?conversation-id=cGp6m7au9;subject=Daily IT tasks review) Output Url(sip:firstname.lastname@lync.com;gruu;opaque=app:conf:focus:id:H1AO7VGF?conversation-id=cGp6m7au9;subject=Daily IT tasks review) isCallLogRejoin(0)

Note that in the second log entry, the SIP address is missing the Office 365 tenant's domain name, and instead its replaced with the lync.com domain.

Steps to reproduce:

1. User creates a meeting from Outlook for Mac, and invites the account of the Polycom phone (e.g. a conference room)
  2. User selects Online Meeting / Add Online Meeting
  3. User sends the meeting invite, and the meeting appears in the calendar of the invitees
  4. When it's time to join the meeting, user clicks Join from the Skype for Business Mac client and successfully joins the meeting
  5. User touches the Join button from the Polycom UI, but the Polycom produces a busy tone and ends the call

Expected behavior: When the user touches the Join button from the Polycom phone UI, the phone joins the meeting.

Workaround: Create the meeting from OWA in the Office 365 web portal. Meetings that are created from OWA can be joined from Windows and Mac clients, and from Polycom phones.

Additional information: Polycom RealPresence Trio 8800 phones are running UC software version 5.4.4.7511.

-Xavier Muñiz.

HP Recommended

Hello Xavier,

Do you have a Microsoft reference for us ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Steffen.

No, Microsoft did not provide any reference number when I created the support request.

-Xavier.

HP Recommended

Has there been a real resolution to this? Or is it just a workaround to create from OWA?

HP Recommended

Hello ArdentMC,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Did you ever solve your old issue => here <= ?

The new issue is caused by our endpoints rely on metadata in the meeting invites that can be stripped when they are sent outside of the schedulers organization. See this article for more information:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt691563.aspx

Microsoft has recently updated all of their clients to not require the TNEF data but our devices at present require this.

The Mac Client seems to send this without this and therefore this fails.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I am running into this issue with a Trio 8800

when trying to connect to a meeting via the trio i get a busy couple beeps then the phone goes back to Home screen.

I can do a "Meet Now" that works just fine or Call in Call out works just fine aswell.

The issue I have is just related to the Calendar meeting invites. Which looks to be almost the same problem as before on this page.

i am running version Current software version :

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.