Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The vvx 601 with 2 expansion modules phone seems to have a limitation of 4,096 characters while reading the csv file. If that is truly a limitation. I feel that if the intention is to have three expansion modules, that number should be doubled to support that.  

This is the file I am referencing:<mac>-UserName@Domain.csv 

=> Source <=

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @BTP,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The quoted FAQ outlines in its first paragraphs that the limit is 100 contacts so I am unsure why 4096 is not enough.

Have you got some extraordinary long domain names or similar as this should average around 40 characters per contact?

The functionality is working as it was designed for and if your organisation requires more than this please work with a Polycom sales engineer to get a feature request raised for this.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

But if the phone can support 3 expansion modules  (252 buttons), 100 contacts seems like a short-sided limitation. If the contact limit is 100 that would barely support 1 expansion modules. 4096 may just be a coincidence in this case.  Why should I need to work with a Polycom sales engineer to address what is clearly a shortcoming in the product offering, aren't you supposed to be my advocate as well? Also the statement of "If you require assistance from Polycom technical support, please open a web service request or call us ." is a little misleading as last time that I attempted to open a ticket I was told "Support for VoIP Products, SoundStation IP and SoundPoint IP, is extended to Certified VoIP Partners only:" so......... 

HP Recommended

Hello @BTP,

A couple of things where you simply assume and have some miss conceptions.

First of all the Polycom Community contains this:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above outlines what to expect when posting within the community which is open to End Users, Professionals and Polycom enthusiast.

In regards to your comment that the VVX supports 3 Expansion Modules:

• The VVX does support these both in openSIP and in Skype for Business Mode.

• In S4B mode, as an example, we do not support the Paper White Expansion Module but in openSIP we do.

• The usage for the expansion module has many use cases but they are not all supported on Skype for Business in comparison with openSIP and some are mutual exclusive.
    Many people do not want to use the 3 different layers of an expansion module and only want to populate the first page.

• The 100 EFLK contact limit as described in the FAQ and the Admin Guide is a limit, as far as I am aware, imposed by Polycom

• A 200 contact limit for favourites, without using the EFLK feature is a limit, as far as I am aware, imposed by Microsoft

I am not aware of any other organisation that has so far raised this so if you want this enhanced, as already outlined, please work with a Polycom sales engineer.

If you let me know the region you operate out of I can get the relevant people to contact you if the opportunity for this is big enough to justify such change and is technical possible.

End Users traditionally have always been unable to work directly with Polycom but the linked FAQ post => here <= has some service offerings that should enable you to purchase additional services when newly installing our phones.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.