Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Model: VVX411

UC Version: 5.8.0.12848

Skype for Business Online

When a user long presses a line key, they are prompted with a list of numbers for the contact. If they select a number, that number is then set as the default the next time the user just presses the line key (no long press). Is there any way to lock the default to their work number and still allow the long press?

The reason for this is our operator frequently transfers callers into people's voicemail. This means the next time they click the line key, the call defaults to the user's voicemail.

Thanks,

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @MDominik13 ,

I am unsure how this Polycom Exchange program works but this needs to come into support.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @MDominik13,

welcome back to the Polycom community.

Some or a couple of your old post(s) or reply(s) to them => here <= are still open / pending as you have not marked these as "Accept as a solution" or at least provided some form of feedback or answer.

If they are in this state nobody finding them via a community search will know if an answer or advice provided was useful and has maybe helped you.

Could you therefore kindly go over them and mark or answer as appropriate ?

If they are marked as "Accept as a solution" other users can find these easier and it helps them to utilise the community more efficiently. Please do not simply mark them without any type of feedback.

For your new issue I believe we changed this in 5.7.1 and should no longer ring the voicemail as explained => here <=

5.8.0 is replaced by 5.8.1 so I suggest you try this first.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I will review my old forum posts shortly.

Your link doesn't address the issue. This is not a bug but an issue with the way the phone functions. I'm trying to determine if there is a setting I can use to change the functionality.

If you long press a line key and select a contact phone number (mobile, voicemail, work, whatever), the next time you short press the button it will dial the previously selected number.  We don't want that to happen. We want the short press to always dial the Skype or work number.

HP Recommended

Hello @MDominik13,

the shared link should explain that we changed this behaviour and not remember the voicemail selection.

I can only ask you to upgrade to 5.8.1 and if this still fails open a ticket. To my knowledge there is no setting that can be applied.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

End Customers are unable to open a ticket directly with Polycom support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Polycom devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Polycom device from.

If the unit is no longer within warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Sorry for the very late response. This issue is a low priority for us and we had a lot of end-of-year tasks to take care of. I also went through and closed my old forum posts.

I was able to confirm that voicemail dialing is not saved when using a 5.7.X release. When I tested with the latest releases of 5.8 and 5.9 (just downloaded today), the issue occurs again.

So...

1. EN-63697 needs to be reopened as it is not closed in the latest releases.

2. I still would like to add that this needs to be configurable. Even with the fix in 5.7.X, it remembers the last number dialed. The only thing it doesn't remember is voicemail. So, if I choose mobile, it will use mobile as the default. I always want the default to be the work number.

I did not purchase these through a reseller. They were purchased directly from PCM via a Polycom exchange program. The mac address for one of the phones is "64:16:7F:08:F0:F3". Who do I contact to get this fixed and add a change request?

Mike

HP Recommended

Hello @MDominik13 ,

I am unsure how this Polycom Exchange program works but this needs to come into support.

Jan 03, 2013 Question: How can I request a change aka feature request to the current Polycom SIP / UC Software?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you. I submitted a support ticket.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.