Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm working on Location Services and I noticed something interesting about the VVX phone.  Daisy-chaining a computer off of them does not provide the proper location information.  The best I can get is subnet level.  Running a lldp query using LDWin shows the phone as the switch its connected to.  Daisy-chaining a computer off a Mitel 6725I the computer shows the proper location information as well as the phone shows the proper location. Running LDWin shows the computer connected to the switch.

I was wondering if there was a way or setting to make the VVX pass the LLDP queries directly to the switch instead of intercepting them.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello dhill1455,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Stating the above the mentioned phone is obviously running LYNC Phone edition and is in reality a Windows Embedded CE operating system with a LYNC client on top.

The VVX phone does support the location as an example via the inbound policy:

0413125034|sipp |0|00|    <provisionGroup name="locationPolicy" >
0413125034|sipp |0|00|    <propertyEntryList >
0413125034|sipp |0|00|    <property name="EnhancedEmergencyServicesEnabled" >false</property>
0413125034|sipp |0|00|    <property name="LocationPolicyTagID" >user-tagid</property>
0413125034|sipp |0|00|    <property name="LocationRefreshInterval" >4</property>
0413125034|sipp |0|00|    </propertyEntryList>

We need some more details and in order to proceed please work with your Polycom reseller as they can open a Support ticket with Polycom for you.

If you struggle to identify them please provide me with a MAC address so I can look up who you would have to deal with.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

UC Software Version 5.4.1.14510  
Updater Version 5.6.1.16334  

The phone itself has no problem getting the proper location information from the Lync LIS database.  It the windows 10 that's hooked to the phone that is having the issue.  Plugged directly into the switch gets the right location, plugged into the phone it can only get the subnet information.

My reseller is CDWG.

vvx 410 00:04:F2:D5:A5:74 

I also know it effects the vvx 310 as well, I have one that I tested it with, but alas I'm at home and its not presently hooked up.

HP Recommended

Hello dhill1455,

The unit was sold via SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS so they are the reseller who can open a Ticket for you so we can look at this and verify if we should support this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

NEGATIVE I bought the phone from CDWG!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello dhill1455,

there are only a certain amount of official Polycom resellers around the world.

Scansource is one of them and they are the only reseller in your Area that can open a Polycom support ticket for you.

Whoever you purchased from most likely buys from Scansource in bulk but to my knowledge has no way of opening a ticket directly with Polycom support.

Therefore please follow this up as advised so we can look at this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Why exactly do I need to have a reseller open a support ticket for one of your products?

HP Recommended

Hello dhill,

as you are an End User you are unable to work with Polycom support directly.

This is all explained here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

You obviously have found an issue with our product and therefore need to bring this to the attention of your Polycom reseller to open a support ticket.

This enables us to determine if this is working as designed or a Bug. As a follow up to this we can either look into fixing this or raise a feature request to add missing functionality to our product.

We cannot do this via the medium of a community so therefore the above outlined procedure / steps are necessary.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

SO I need to contact a reseller I've never dealt with before and have no contact information for.  Literally if I'd have known that I would NOT have purchased any polycom equipment what-so-ever.  Microsoft doesn't do this, cisco doesn't do this, HP doesn't do this.

So how do I contact SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS?

HP Recommended

Hello dhill1455,

contacting any of the above mentioned organisations without a service contract or paying a fee (to my knowledge) will not provide end users access to their support infrastructure.

You can contact the person or organisation that you purchased the unit from but I wanted to avoid disappointment if they refuse you support.

Please check the following form => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.