Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Lync Polycom Configuration Manager

Occasional Contributor

Lync Polycom Configuration Manager

Hi,

I am new to this forum and we have just started POC testing for Polycom VVX phones as replacement to our SNOM phones. I would like to ask if somebody has the tool to push configuration directly from front end servers? Like in SNOM, they have the Lync Snom Configuration Manager.

Thanks.

millcadz

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Lync Polycom Configuration Manager

Hello millcadz

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no such tool but Skype for Business and Office 365 can inbound provision a Polycom phone. Please provide more details on your infrastructure.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Steff.

Apologies but I'm a beginner here. We are running Lync Server 2013. Our previous phones are SNOM and now we are slowly replacing it with Polycom since MS and SNOM splits up. SNOM provided the tool to create device policies, configurations which is integrated to Lync, like phone lock policy (user level). Like we set 30 minutes idle and phone will lock, and to unlock, the user must use their PIN set from the Lync server.

Now I'm looking for a similar which tool or maybe there's another way to do this with Polycom?

Thanks again Steff.

Message 3 of 7

Hello millcadz

we already inbound provision these lock features since UC Software 5.5.1 so simply setting the value on the LYNC server end will cause the phones to load this.

This completely depends what is set on the DisableHandsetOnLockedMachine parameter on the LYNC end

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steff,

Thank you. I would appreciate if you can give me the link on how to?

Because I don't think we can enforce phone lock policy on the USER Level from Lync. Only Global. And we don't need to configure phone lock policy in all our phones, only selected groups those with IDD/NDD acccess.

Thanks again,

millcadz

Message 5 of 7

Hello millcadz

I am unsure if you can set an individual Set-CsClientPolicy for anything else than Global.

If you just use VVX phones you can actually individually disable this per phone via a configuration parameter.

I would suggest you try and work with a Polycom SE on your project.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Steff,

Okay thank you very much. I will try to contact our vendor. Would be tedious to do this individually.

Best regards,

Millcadz

Message 7 of 7