Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Testing Microsoft Teams Common Area Phone on CCX 400 and 500. CAP phones are able to make and receive calls, a search button is available on the display. All functions seems to work as expected but when search for directory contacts, it will not yield any results, just display "Directory contacts (0)".

According to Microsoft Support, CAP should be able to search contacts and indicated this is a Poly hardware issue. Any suggestion?

Firmware: 1.0.0.0200

Device: 2.5.5

Teams: 1449/1.0.94.2019110802

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @GreatCaps ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The Poly CCX phones are running the latest Microsoft approved and tested Team Phone Android Apps and any issues need to be reported to Microsoft and worked with Microsoft.

We do not make any changes to the Teams Phone application, a bit similar to the ones running on iPhones or Android devices.

Please work with our partner Microsoft.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I will agree and worked with Microsoft support first in the past 2 weeks. They have confirmed 365 settings and CAP account are correct and determined that this is a Poly issue...

HP Recommended

Hello @GreatCaps 

do you have some form of a Microsoft reference as I struggle to understand how this should be our issue if Microsoft supplies and controls the Teams Phone app running on a Poly phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

MS ticket # 18831899.

I asked the MS tech the same question, "why should I contact Poly for an app issue that Microsoft control?" But, the tech insist that it is a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

That is an older firmware version you are running which is likely the issue.

I just tested it on my CCX500 which is running the same Teams client version, but a newer base firmware version, which likely means the issue is on our end (Poly) and has been resolved since that version.  The Teams client version is the same on my phone, but the tenant I'm testing with is in not in a public ring.

So the root issue could be on Microsoft's side (if related to the ring) or on Poly's side (if related to the firmware).

I'm going to dig around and see if there is a newer publicly-available version you can upgrade to now to see if it resolves your issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks Jeff,

Please let me know if there is a way we can upgrade the base firmware to test.

Here is the response from Microsoft -

Reviewing this email, did you tell them there is no error in your accounts and everything in office 365 is working. The core issue is being unable to search the contact list from the device. Also the issue doesn't happen on the other phone. We have confirmed this the error is coming from the device obtaining data, this where office 365 Support can not assist as the issue is with the "Device" trying to Obtain data from "Office 365" this what needs to be explained to them. I will be in the office tomorrow from 5 am - 2 pm Eastern standard time and I will be happy to do a three-way call to figure this out with you, Polycom and me. Do replay to this message when you have the proper time and day you wish to do this.

Thank you, best regards. 

Microsoft Office 365 Support Team

HP Recommended

Download the update from https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/poly-ccx-software/pol...

Copy the file to a USB flash drive formatted as FAT32, plug it into the phone, and it should prompt you to upgrade.

Jeff: According to Microsoft's What's New in Microsoft Teams, the latest version of the desk phone app is 1449/1.0.94.2020020601, but the version on my CCX 500 (running Poly UC Software 5.9.12.1122) is 1449/1.0.94.2019110802, and the Teams Admin portal says the device is "Up to date". Any idea whether there is something on your end that would be blocking the update, or should I open a ticket with Microsoft?

HP Recommended

@rgsteele1 wrote:

Download the update from https://support.polycom.com/content/support/north-america/usa/en/support/voice/poly-ccx-software/pol...

Copy the file to a USB flash drive formatted as FAT32, plug it into the phone, and it should prompt you to upgrade.

Jeff: According to Microsoft's What's New in Microsoft Teams, the latest version of the desk phone app is 1449/1.0.94.2020020601, but the version on my CCX 500 (running Poly UC Software 5.9.12.1122) is 1449/1.0.94.2019110802, and the Teams Admin portal says the device is "Up to date". Any idea whether there is something on your end that would be blocking the update, or should I open a ticket with Microsoft?

I have the same problem. Did you get any help or solution? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @grandMA 

what phone and what software? Have you checked with Microsoft as of yet and if yes what is their ticket reference?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.