Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Microsoft ADFS support for Polycom VVX series

Occasional Visitor

Microsoft ADFS support for Polycom VVX series

Hi All,

I have a Skype for business environment which uses ADFS for authentication. This works fine for the PC clients. 

My question now is does polycom vvx phones support this kind of authentication?

Kind regards

Frank Verharen

KPN

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Microsoft ADFS support for Polycom VVX series

Hello @Frank Verharen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Since UC Software 5.5.1 or later it is supported as documented in the Skype for Business FAQ:

Apr 27, 2018 Question:Does Polycom support Modern Authentication on Polycom phones?

Resolution: Modern Authentication ADFS is only supported via Web Sign-In

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen,

I Will test this in the lab next week, and I let you know the results.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
Frequent Advisor

Frank,

We use ADFS to authenticate our VVX phones when paired with SfBO. 

To avoid any AD lockout issues, please run UC 5.7.2 on your phones. 

Message 4 of 6
Occasional Visitor

I have tried the option web sign in, but it looks to me this is only for Online users.

I need an option for onprem. So I have a user resource model. Normally we have a trus betwen the two AD's. But in this case, an ADFS server in the user AD is responsible for authentication.

Regards

Frank

Message 5 of 6
Advisor

Have you considered Polycom Better Together over Ethernet (BToE)? My company uses ADFS and we sign into our phones with BToE.

Message 6 of 6