Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello @VivekJain ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

1. To answer your question regarding the firmware we, Poly, usually advise the customer to look after their own software.

Our partner Microsoft is not always the quickest to test and release new software so there could be a wait between us releasing software and them hosting it.

This way you are in total control. In addition, we may release a maintenance release wich would not appear on Microsoft's server or the officially supported page => here <=

The easiest option is to have a local Provisioning server as outlined in Option 2 here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I set up my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

This can be a simple FTP or HTTP Server.

If your organisation is after a GUI then I suggest you either look at a local RPRM or a cloud-based solution like PDMS-E.

Using the above you are in total control of a rollout and can automate this depending on the solution selected.

2. There is a difference between a 3PIP qualified and tested software and the maintenance releases we release. Poly supports customers using the latest Versions.

• The VVX is for us on UC Software 5.9.2 at time of writing
  • The Trio is on UC Software 5.9.0 at time of writing

All of the above also allows you to roll back software to a version you prefer. In addition, you have reboot options to trigger an update for certain devices or sites.

3. I am unable to answer this

4. Already explained in 1

5. Where are you trying to register what?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Nikos, I think that reference to Oauth being supported in earlier firmware revisions was a reference to the shared Azure applicaiton used by all SfB hardware manufacturers (e.g. Poly, Yealink, etc.). This new Oauth system has separate realms for each manufacturer, and that's what will be new in 5.9.3 on VVX phones.

HP Recommended

Cheers @SteffenBaierUK,

Thank-you so much. The responses are very helpful.

Exploring the option of upgrading softwares (for VVX300 and Trio 8800) from the Poly hosted servers.

1. The IP address on these devices show a "local" IP address (starting with 192.168.) and when I try to go to that address, I get the message that "This site can;t be reached". Is it due to the reason that we have not seup a local FTP server to host the files for our devices.

2. Looks like for Trio 8800 there is option of downloading into a USB drive and updating using the USB port on the device. But for VVX300, I see one option of "Upgrade Configuration" in the phone's settings menu, will this option work for us to upgrade to latest firmware and this option will pull the updates from Poly hosted servers (or do we actually need to setup local FTP server for this option to work)?

3. About my earlier question of product registration. I was trying at https://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/productregistration/index.htm

The screen shot attached.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello @VivekJain 

for 1. 

Jul 11, 2014 Question: Since upgrading to UCS 5.1.1 or later and running Skype for Business or LYNC base profile I can no longer access the Web Interface

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Simply enable the Web Interface

For 2. only the Trio can load configuration from a USB Stick. For the VVX you will need a local provisioning server or RPRM or PDMS-E

For 3. I am still not sure why you would like to register these as End Customers are unable to open a support ticket.

Please elaborate on the reason behind this.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks so much, @SteffenBaierUK.

Another question was, since "Skype for Business Online Plan 2" is being retired effective July 1st as well and existing devices may need to be shifted to plans supporting Microsoft Teams (possibly shift devices to “Office-365 Business Essential” plan), so if Polycom's updates are being made available on mid-May then will Polycom support both applications (SfB and Microsoft Teams)?  Do we need to accept Polycom's permission request for both separately?

HP Recommended

Hi, first time user here - but I'm still kind of confused by the App ID switch, as well as current supported situations.

We just finished our Skype for Business + Exchange Hybrid Modern Authentication switch over, and we're now MA enabled on Skype on-prem + Online and Exchange on-prem and Online. We're slowly moving over people from Exchange onprem to Exchange Online and we're running into EWS and calendar issues with our VVX's.

Digging around, I found this:

https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/trio-sfb-dg-5-8-0-AA/page/c-ucs-sfb-web-sign-in-for-skype-for-b...

Does this mean Polycom doesn't support Skype on-prem (HMA enabled) and Exchange Online (MA enabled) users on a VVX? Will the 5.9.3 firmware solve this?

HP Recommended

Hello all,

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Skype-for-Business-Blog/OAuth-2-0-and-third-party-application...

All certified Skype for Business IP phones must be updated by January 15, 2020.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Is this the official date from Polycom?

So till the 15 Jan 2020 there will not be any issue with the devices firmware?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Nikos Lionas ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

This date is the date Microsoft will force the change. This is a Microsoft target and we will release our software as previously shared:

Device name Software Version Timeline Download
VVX Phones 5.9.3 TBD Mid-May TBD  
Poly Trio 5.9.0 Rev AB TBD Mid-May TBD  
CX5500 TBD TBD  
Group Series 6.2.1.1 Mid-June URL

All of the above is subject to change.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

- I know that Skype on-prem (with MA) + Exchange on-prem (with MA) works and EWS deployed ✔️
- I know that Skype Online (MS Phone System) with MA + Exchange Online (with MA) works and EWS deployed ✔️
- I know that Skype on-prem (with MA) + Exchange Online (with MA) works but not with EWS deployed 🚫

I need to know if we can have users that are homed Skype on-prem (with MA) + Exchange Online (with MA) with working EWS deployments.

I'm not getting the answers from our ScanSource ticket - and the Polycom folks keep closing my ticket saying to talk to ScanSource.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.